Mass Effect Legendary Edition [All]

I think I read about 40 mods were made, and likely more incoming.
wonder if they are going to work with the new game, but I think so. I completed the only game of the series I hadn't finished yet -ME3-, when I suscribed to EA Play.

Didnt try mods though, I just wanted to play the game I didnt buy of the series and wanted to play back in the day but for whatever reason, didnt.

Also adding graphics mods maybe would prevent me from playing at 2k 165fps, and that was quite the experience in the game.

get that citadel DLC. It's really good. I think it's the best part of ME3
You are absolutely right. I didn't have this for the PC version but it's included in the Legendary Edition and it's utterly fantastic. :yes::love: Outside of the core missions, it also adds a bunch of extra conversations on the new area of the Citadel, which are equally top notch.

I saw WallyWorld had this clearanced for $10 so I decided it was time.

I've put a few hours into ME1 on the PS5. It's interesting to see. It is very sharp and almost a steady 60fps at 4K but it seems to have some loading stutters as you run around. The anti aliasing is less than perfect. The new reflection effects you see in some places run at 30 fps which reminds me of Halo 1's half rate NPCs hehe. I think there's a lot of magic texture up sampling here combined with some new stuff. Same geometry, new super high res textures. Lighting and shading seems jazzed up.

It strikes me how with huge modern TVs that these games get way too close to faces. lol. More detail there than I want to see clearly.

Does anyone know if these games are running on the same version of the Unreal engine as they originally used? It seems like it would be massive work to try to move one of these games to UE4 for example.

As usual with these overhauls I partly feel like getting the 360 or old PC version out and playing it as it originally was.

Last edited:
I'd like to eventually get back to this series. I got about 25% of the way through the 1st game back on the X360. :)
What was it resulted in you not finishing Mass Effect? If it was the very heavy RPG elements intruding into the combat, you may find the changes made to they first game. However if you liked firing a gun and missing by a 3ft, then you may not like the changes.

Man I'm super bummed. I beat ME1 and was moving onto ME2, but it's reporting that I've already beaten it(I haven't) and so is basically giving me all the giant NG+ bonuses like 25% XP boost, 200000 credits, 50000 of each material. This is completely and utterly game-breaking.

There's supposedly a workaround for this bug where you boot up the Legendary Edition launcher, and then stick the EA app in offline mode, then boot up ME2(each time you want to play), but this doesn't work for me cuz the EA app seems to get minimized and I cant Alt Tab to it once I'm in the LE launcher.

And as somebody who really likes progression systems in my games and especially RPG's and I was specifically aiming to play on Hardcore mode for a decent challenge, this isn't something I'm gonna be able to just 'press on with'. Sucks that this whole ME playthrough is effectively ruined cuz of this, and makes me feel like I wasted 35 hours getting through ME1 now.

EDIT: Ok, got past the issue. Pretty obvious solution to just have another window up while I launched so I could Alt-Tab to that and get access to the desktop. Still a hassle to do this every time I play, but better than not playing.

EDIT2: Good lord it's insane how much of an improvement ME2 is over ME1 in terms of graphics and mechanics. Been so long since I originally played them back on the X360, I cant imagine how bad going back to the original ME1 would be without all the improvements.

Last edited:
I wish EA would've fixed the sound issues with Mass Effect for PC. I tried every setting I could find in Windows and no luck. Just dialogue sounding buried in effects.

EDIT2: Good lord it's insane how much of an improvement ME2 is over ME1 in terms of graphics and mechanics. Been so long since I originally played them back on the X360, I cant imagine how bad going back to the original ME1 would be without all the improvements.
Deserved a remake on frostbite using Me:A assets but looks like only japanese engage in that effort. Don't know what was the point of single player campaign for Battlefront2.

I started playing the legendary edition a while back. I couldnt bother finishing the first part because I find the gameplay really bad, even if the story and world is awesome. I finished part 2 a while ago, and now have put 30 hrs or so into part three. I dont find the gameplay very polished, but its functional enough, and the world, writing, backstorys, characters, lore art design is so freaking good. I hadnt played any of the DLCs for part 3 before, and those I have played so far (omega, leviathan, shore leave) have all been awesome and quite distinct from each other.

I still think part 2 is the best game in the series. My biggest complaint about part 3 is that
they made cerberus 100% evil. The whole gray area moral zone stuff was gone concerning cerberus.

Except for pre prequels star wars, this is by far my favorite sci fi ip.

I'd like to try this one again. Back in the day I got as far as the first, what seemed like, procedurally generated planet and decided I'd put it aside for a bit and come back to it. That was 18 years ago. LOL

I'd like to try this one again. Back in the day I got as far as the first, what seemed like, procedurally generated planet and decided I'd put it aside for a bit and come back to it. That was 18 years ago. LOL

Yes, the procedueral planets or boring and totaly pointless. I couldnt finish the first one this time around, the actual gameplay generally just irritated me. If I were you I would play the first one on casual just to get the story, skip the produderal and maybe sidequest stuff as well, so I could move on to the good ones which are 2 and 3 (my favorite is 2). Its pretty cool to have the same character all the way through all three games, choices you make in previous games have an effect in later games. If you cant be bothered with the first one I suppose you could watch a story recap, and at the start of 2 choose what choices you would have done in part 1. It was a long time since I played KOTOR, but except HK47 I think my favorite characters are in ME games.

Back