Mass Effect Legendary Edition [All]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by iroboto, Nov 7, 2020.

1. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Let's GOOOOOO

pharma likes this.
  2. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Wrex

Lightman and iroboto like this.
  3. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I'm a little disappointed they didn't fix some of the fundamental issues like UI. If all they've done is slap some extra sheen on the game, then there are mods that do this for free on the PC version already - along with good controller support which never made it into the PC versions.

If they sell this cheap, like £30 for the whole lot, I may well snap it up on console although what the hell are they going to do with the elevator ride conversations on nextgen consoles!?!?!

BRiT likes this.
  4. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Shepard.

Lightman and iroboto like this.
  5. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

Remake or bust.
    Still remember that great teaser

Lightman likes this.
  6. Johnny Awesome

Veteran

I owned Mass Effect on X360, but never got around to playing it for more than a few hours before I got sucked into other games. I've always wanted to go back to it, but it felt really dated to me when I tried. I'm interested in a remaster for sure.

7. Entropy

Veteran

Really high pitched voices.

iroboto and DSoup like this.
  8. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

That one still gets me hyped up. Miranda still looking hot as well :-D

9. steveOrino

Regular

Its possible they give it a C&C treatment but honestly I expect them to do the minimum amount of effort. The mods for the PC versions are excellent (adding back cut content, visual and QoL enhancements) so it would be a tough sell to me if they just port the PC versions to console, slap on a 4K sticker and call it a day.

One of the last great BioWare franchises before the EA metastasized throughout the studio.

10. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I'm actually surprised they didn't spin-off the ME3 MP into its own F2P client and continue selling card packs / lootboxes. It was a really fun game mode though I stopped playing before they started updating the map content.

BRiT likes this.
  11. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Aww turns out all platforms except switch. I was hoping to play it portable. It was awesome for dragon's dogma

DSoup likes this.
  12. DuckThor Evil

Legend Veteran

This was also announced :smile:

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Let's hope better fortunes for this than what Andromeda got, although I found that game pretty good as well, certainly better than it's reputation. I haven't finished it though.

Lightman likes this.
  13. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I thought the backlash for the bugs was a little overblown, but it was otherwise a decent game in its own right. The writing was hit/miss, but it had potential. I wasn't too fond of the enemy though I wouldn't mind if they did a sequel with a less troubled development.

On the other hand, I'd understand if they continued the story in the Milky Way although they'd have to canonize one of the ME3 endings somehow while creating another compelling enemy. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with the Reapers being the biggest threat ever and then being able to deal with them in ME3. Perhaps there would have to be an extra-galactic invader to up the stakes again.

I do kind of want them to revisit the plot thread in ME2 regarding the dark energy problem and usage of mass effect technology. Who knows, maybe the Scourge in Andromeda is tied to that problem.

Anyways, I'm guessing it'll be quite a few years away since Edmonton will be busy with Dragon Age 4 for the next while. :|

DSoup and DuckThor Evil like this.
  14. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

I've only played ME2. Really enjoyed assembling the team and the probe launching noise. Didn't have much desire to play 3. The really silly end game boss probably put me off.

Rodéric likes this.
  15. DSoup

DSoup meh

Oh. My. God. :runaway:

16. mpg1

Veteran Newcomer

Curious what engine they'll use for the new Mass Effect. They used Frostbite for Andromeda didn't they?

Pretty sure the first 3 were on UE3. Kinda wish they'd develop it on UE5....what franchise to show it off....

orangpelupa and DSoup like this.
  17. 3dcgi

Veteran Subscriber

I loved the entire trilogy and unexpectedly had a ton of fun with ME3 multiplayer. There was a lot of variety with the playable characters. Though in the end I liked the N7 Shadow the best.

iroboto likes this.
  18. NightAntilli

Newcomer

When the remaster is released, it will be a good time to start the series with ME1. Although I firmly believe that as soon as someone plays something else before the first Mass Effect, the best experience has immediately been ruined forever, it is still the best game in the franchise in terms of plot.

19. DSoup

DSoup meh

I really wish they've lavish some effort to adding some variety into some of the original Mass Effect maps because by the end of Mass Effect one I'd been running around the same few maps layouts dozens and dozens of times. You do it a lot, there is no variety and it's gets repetitive incredible quickly.

Lightman likes this.
  20. cheapchips

Veteran Newcomer

:-D I really don't know why it didn't get as much grief as ME3's ending. I guess people are fondly remembering the fantastic decision bit that preceded it.

Honestly, the only way the boss could be sillier would be if it was wearing a giant diaper.

Rodéric and Lightman like this.