Mass Effect: Andromeda [PC]

It may be, but often minimum system requirements do not compare to reality and are sometimes based just on this is the slowest cpu weve tested
Would you say for instance that andromeda is more cpu dependant than watchdogs 2 ?
You could be right. I mean are they saying the 3550 is insufficient? Because I doubt that is the case. I swear these companies should hire me to write their min specs. Given a baseline config I could probably list every equivalent or superior CPU and GPU that the game would run on from memory. God I'm hopeless :(

Watched a video of this game on youtube, Its hilariously bad. Talk about releasing a broken product :LOL:

Started playing with some BSOD/freeze issues but was resolved by removing my CPU overclock. Enjoying the game so far....:smile2:

Watched a video of this game on youtube, Its hilariously bad. Talk about releasing a broken product :LOL:
It seems fine now after the big patch. Was definitely broken upon release yes.

For me it crashed one time after 100 hours of playtime.

This game has too few main missions. After 100 hours of playing the campaign my progress says 58%. How long does this game go?!
In these 100 hours there were too few epic moments for a single player title. I find Mass Effect 3 clearly better. For me ME: A it is more like ME 2 only much longer (8 times?), bigger etc. and paired with superior gameplay.

Last edited:
This game has too few main missions. After 100 hours of playing the campaign my progress says 58%. How long does this game go?!.
I don't follow. The game is too short but also too long?

Mass Effect: Andromeda is not too Long but it has too many unimportant missions/side quests. In comparison Mass Effect 3 focused on major missions. I would not complain about 100 hours of high-quality missions/content.

However, this would be too expensive.

Like any game side missions are there for adventure, exploration and building your character. The side missions definitely provide the means to get better weapons/armor as well as tweak your skills, similar to the extraneous side missions found in RPG's.

In my opinion it hurts the pacing. Also, some puzzles are too difficult. There will be a lot of players who will need one hour for some of the puzzles on Elaadens Vault.

If someone wants to save time in Elaadens vault he should watch this. I regret that I have not done it.

Playing the game after Zelda is a revelation of how bad the new Mass Effect is on so many planes.
And I think the original trilogy by and large is great, I even replayed it in anticipation of Andromeda. And Andromeda is similar, but just worse in terms of both gameplay and story (and, oddly, animations).
I thought the bugs would be ironed out by the last patch. They weren't. And my PC is a clean room of a gaming device, no ancillary software at all. A sterile steam box (+ grudgingly two origin games and some Blizzard). And the game still outright crashes, never mind sound issues and weird geometry issues that makes you get stuck in the middle of what should be open space and so on.

For those in my shoes who took a wait and see approach - wait longer. Maybe forever. Because outside the embarrasing technical issues, the interminable dialogs and talking is a horrible waste of time since there just isn't much of value there to be found.

I've played ME: A 131 hours so far (singleplayer) and I wonder about the lack of these bugs. There is a lot in this game I have to criticize but these called bugs are not a part of it. Sound problems (wrong positional audio) only occurred in stereo.

The gameplay in ME: A is very good. The old titles are much worse.

I find the writing okay with the important dialogues. From my point of view this is also not a problem but the animations. To mention Zelda as a comparison is a bit funny to me. This has often a senseless "bla bla bla" language and only a few speakers.

I can not take the press seriously.

Last edited:
I've played ME: A 131 hours so far (singleplayer) and I wonder about the lack of these bugs. There is a lot in this game I have to criticize but these called bugs are not a part of it. Sound problems (wrong positional audio) only occurred in stereo.

The gameplay in ME: A is very good. The old titles are much worse.

I find the writing okay with the important dialogues. From my point of view this is also not a problem but the animations. To mention Zelda as a comparison is a bit funny to me. This has often a senseless "bla bla bla" language and only a few speakers.

I can not take the press seriously.
I'm not press though, I'm a seriously middle aged computer game player who have played dozens and dozens of crpgs and shooters both, and my verdict is that I regret buying Mass Effect Andromeda, and I begrudge it the time I've spent watching/listening to the game playing with itself.
I trust that the bugs will be ironed out over time. The other issues with the game go deeper though.
The PC menu interface is atrocious. Animation issues are pervasive. Why does everyone walk with crooked legs like an orangutan and feet rotated outward? Why do I get locked into spaces by NPCs blocking my way and not moving out of the way? Even in such basic aspects, the game is actually a regression vs. its 10 year older predecessor, not to mention modern games.

Worse is that you have to listen to interminable amounts of voice acting, which is probably why it is delivered in such a bored fashion. There is just too much time spent not playing, but sitting passively watching the game play with itself whether locked into inane dialogs, or watching transportation animations, or...

Top it off with a setting and story that struggles/fails to engage and at its best feels like a rehash of the original series only more lightweight and you are left with a game that isn't worth spending time on.

All IMHO obviously.
I'm thoroughly disappointed. I thought the reviews exaggerated and that I would get into the game. I didn't though. Once I started to stand up and do other stuff during dialogs, or [space] through them even though it meant not really understanding or caring what the responses I was offered actually meant, I knew it was game over for me.

Other people are free to enjoy whatever they please. I just want to warn people who are on the fence that it might be wise to let some time pass, and see if you can pick up a polished version at a later date at a much lower price. It won't be long before it's in the bargain bins.

I did not say you were the press. However, their assessment criteria are not comprehensible.

-menu is mediocre but it does not destroy the game in my point of view
-animations are bad but they are not good in other RPGs either
-new eye shader has already improved the situation enormously
-NPC AI is stupid which is also the case in many other RPGs (ME1-3 included)
-yes, there are too many meaningless dialogues which I have already criticized. Bioware could have removed 50% of the charcters --> better to have fewer characters but more dialogs with the important ones
-I found the story in Mass Effect 2 also not good. It seemed artificial, illogical, and inserted and still it was praised
--> storywise ME 2 does not fit next to ME1 and ME3 (I have not played ME1 but I informed myself about the action of ME 1 later)

Last edited:
OMG so I was fighting Archon's Sword and I used Biotic Charge at the exact moment he teleported to his safe room, and it drew with him. Have you guys seen this?

I captured it here:

Back