Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Almost got this game mixed up with Avengers, as I was about to say last-gen Xbox would have better experience playing from the cloud with GamePass Ultimate. Good thing I caught myself before posting.

Quality Mode
Marvel-s-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-20211117162839.png

RT Mode
Marvel-s-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-20211117162820.png

Performance Mode
Marvel-s-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-20211117162830.png

Quality Mode
Marvel-s-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-20211117161403.png

RT Mode
Marvel-s-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-20211117161127.png

The game seems to also be for RT detractors that complain how materials now look all like mirrors since RT :D This game has mostly rough surfaces

I find about 1440p in the last image. I'd say RT is worth the resolution cost considering how great it looks (quite surprised actually!). It's going to be hard to go back to quality mode after having played with RT.

Based on what we know about cost of RT at 60fps and the fact that the resolution seems to be 1440p - 1740p in quiet / exploration moments I think they could do a RT 60 fps mode using DRS (like 720p - 1080p). In many scenes the resolution should probably stay at 1080p during quiet scenes. But they probably think it's not worth the development time.

But what they absolutely could do is add a 40fps mode with 120hz screens! It should be perfect for that mode! ~1440p RT at 40fps!

EDIT: those pics were from PC version.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
I find about 1440p in the last image. I'd say RT is worth the resolution cost considering how great it looks (quite surprised actually!). It's going to be hard to go back to quality mode after having played with RT.

Based on what we know about cost of RT at 60fps and the fact that the resolution seems to be 1440p - 1740p in quiet / exploration moments I think they could do a RT 60 fps mode using DRS (like 720p - 1080p). In many scenes the resolution should probably stay at 1080p during quiet scenes. But they probably think it's not worth the development time.

But what they absolutely could do is add a 40fps mode with 120hz screens! It should be perfect for that mode! ~1440p RT at 40fps!
but we know what platform we counting here ? ;d

will we see like DRS, a dynamic RT mode one day, when the action is to hectic, drop the effect, which matters less as everything is moving on screen, or other dynamic effects, is it even possible, switching effects on the fly to preserve performance.

Yes, sorry, i didn't mention :) It's on PC, a few of them are 4k, others 5k, with DLSS at quality and 30% sharpening from the game menu. The character models, especially Drax are so unbelievably detailed that it made me wish i could capture at 8k just so i can marvel at the details :D

Yes, sorry, i didn't mention :) It's on PC, a few of them are 4k, others 5k, with DLSS at quality and 30% sharpening from the game menu. The character models, especially Drax are so unbelievably detailed that it made me wish i could capture at 8k just so i can marvel at the details :D
I thought they were on consoles!

Was thinking that, those screens are high fidelity RT, high resolution and settings. Amazing looking game, up there with the best.

Back