Mariah Carey

Tahir2 said:
‘Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.’ (Mariah Carey)

Did she really say that? Dude, that's fucking profound.

l-b, definitely agree on the jazz/soul idea. She really doesn't need to overcook her voice at all; in its plainest form it's exceptional.

:LOL:
Tahir2 said:
‘Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.’ (Mariah Carey)

She never actually said that. It is funny though...

london-boy said:
She never actually said that. It is funny though...

True. She really said those starving children should buy her new CD instead of food, because it'll feed their souls for an eternity rather than their bellies for just a few hours. :p

Mariner said:
What really irritates me is the aural gymnastics the R&B Divas tend to subject us to (Carey especially). I don't consider that proper singing - it's the warbling aural equivalent of the wanky saxophone solo so beloved of record producers in the 1980s.

If I wanted to listen to yodelling, I'd buy a Mary Schneider record.
Seconded.

For remarkable female voices paired with a nice body, I prefer Heather Nova, Sheryl Crow, or Jewel (before 0304, that is). Sometimes Dido.
Oh, and maybe the worst voice that still created amazingly good music: Janis Joplin.

I always thought Delta Goodrem was very attractive and what a voice!. IMO, she's right up there (or will be eventually) with some of the greatest, including Celine Dion.

Mariah Carey... personally, I like some of her songs and she's certainly a nice little thing, but I really can't say I remember any of her songs the last couple of years except her... err... kind of singing style.... ;)

Phil said:
I always thought Delta Goodrem was very attractive and what a voice!

While she indeed is attractive, that's about it. She's got a tiny, would-be voice not even worth mentioning.

Back