Major role for user-created content on PlayStation 3

Sindre

Regular
"Sony Worldwide studios boss Phil Harrison has confirmed that allowing users to create their own content forms a major part of the company's strategy for PlayStation 3."

"I have to be really careful not to give the game away because we're keeping this secret, but don't think about it in terms of maps, think of it in terms of behaviours, environments, physics, rules... All the tools that you could want, but in a very consumer friendly way."

"We've got two things in development," he specified. "One in this building and one with an external developer that, when we do share them with you, I think you're going to go 'Ah now I know what he was talking about.'"

... Seems like they have a lot of focus on this with all the previous talk about how myspace and youtube has changed our way of using internet and so on. I'm eager to see how this will end up compared to XNA Studio.

Any comments people?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21096

Very interesting, its hard to comment much on it without knowing anything more about these two games. We know Sony has some pretty interesting things in development, hopefully after launch they will start to share more information on their games in progress. I hate having to wait till the next GDC, e3, or TGS to find out about a new game.

Could some variation of what multiplayer games do today, but on a larger scale, so you can set up a muliplayer map, wich has certain physics and what not, that is what it sounds like...

Back