Mafia 2 (Multiplatform)

Good. More devs should take this route if they can afford it. :p

Their mileage will vary but in the long run, I think it should give the platforms more leg room.

This game doesn't perform well on PS3 ? I get that.

You can't guarantee the output of all developers. They may have tried their best, but that doesn't mean the strategy cannot produce better games by another team.

I'm more interested in challenging the notion that cross platform games have to match pixel for pixel.

Well I have always been interested in that, but I'd like to see that happen both ways ie. have a multiplat game being made which exploits the strength & weakness of each platform, instead of strength of one platform & omission after omission from other.

Ha ha, PS3 is harder to code for. So I think it'd take some tries. Some will go back to cross platform code. The stronger ones may fare better.

It will probably work better for the bigger development houses. More peoples means less likelihood of there being a big difference in coding experience between the teams and therefore better products on all without the C team effect.

The comment doesn't mean that there is no cross-platform code or assets, it means that no-one version is a conversion of another.

Which is how multiplatform development usually is.

When people use the word "port" in anger (on forums) with regards to multiplatform games they usually mean "not the lead platform" rather than converting a finished game to a new system.

At some point, I was just wondering if people would buy both versions if bundled at a cheaper price -- assuming both versions are unique in their own ways (and can share game saves)

I have a question: 2k Czesch has used 4 member of Massive Bears team to optimize the work on the ps3... but I don't remember any previous games of this team on the ps3 :???:

Tried the 360 demo. There's a lot I like about it, but I actually found the framerate was inconsistent and made it difficult to play at times.

Tried the 360 demo. There's a lot I like about it, but I actually found the framerate was inconsistent and made it difficult to play at times.

If you have a good pc I'd go with that version. I tried both 360 and pc demos back to back and holy smokes at the difference. Was a clear reminder of how old the consoles are.

From what I have seen my friend play, the game is best thing since....welll, MAFIA 1 :cool: ! Absolutely great soundtrack, great graphics and great great gameplay+stroy+mood of the era. Its like being Vito Corleone !
As for graphics, I am talking about the PC version. Its absolutely stunning !

Those are the same comments I've read elsewhere, RR, particularly in reviews. From what I'm hearing it sounds as if it rivals Red Dead Redemption in terms of graphics, gameplay, and immersion, and that game was great and everybody on here loved it. (myself included)

Which is why I'm surprised to hear so little about Mafia 2. Is it too soon after RDR to play another sandbox game for people?

If you have a good pc I'd go with that version. I tried both 360 and pc demos back to back and holy smokes at the difference. Was a clear reminder of how old the consoles are.

I don't have a good pc to game on, but I might be able to edge out my 360 a bit and get a more stable framerate. I'll check out the PC demo.

From what I have seen my friend play, the game is best thing since....welll, MAFIA 1 :cool: ! Absolutely great soundtrack, great graphics and great great gameplay+stroy+mood of the era. Its like being Vito Corleone !
As for graphics, I am talking about the PC version. Its absolutely stunning !

This.

And gameplay is great although some parts might be a bit average but so far it's been a pleasure and the city is incredibly well done and alive. Also the game got 50 real Playboy photos so... yeah..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the game today. The ending definitely won't disappoint, everything was well-done about this game but the story is the most impressive part of it for me. Maybe I'm just a sucker for crime stories though since I thought the same things about Kane & Lynch 2 which I finished a few days ago.

Are there no side-missions in this game though? It's not a big deal since it'll take a decent amount of time to do the story (I finished in about 20 hours on Normal), at least the collectibles are fun.:D

Are there no side-missions in this game though? It's not a big deal since it'll take a decent amount of time to do the story (I finished in about 20 hours on Normal), at least the collectibles are fun.:D

There is the DLC with some extra missions.

Back