Lost

Thing is, i actually think this last episode was plain bad. Seriously. I will keep watching it cause, well, i have to... But i've lost all faith in Lost. And seeing the ratings especially here in the UK, most people are fed up too.

i'm sorry but i looooooooooooooooooooove it !

I just cant stand that hobbit actually

I think that sums up just about every episode. ;)

But i've lost all faith in Lost. And seeing the ratings especially here in the UK, most people are fed up too.

I've given up on it as well. There is no overall story they're trying to tell. They're making things up on the spot. They never give any larger answers. Nearly everything is still unknown. They just introduce and create more questions.

i'm sorry , but i cant understand you guys way of thinking.. maybe i'm just smarter then you guys and Lost is only watchable by a selected few how can understand and follow the story :cool:

i'm sorry , but i cant understand you guys way of thinking.. maybe i'm just smarter then you guys and Lost is only watchable by a selected few how can understand and follow the story :cool:
Following a story shattered into pieces and watched over years sure aint easy.
But the thing that bothers me is that IMHO the explaination of some events will likely be ridiculous or totally incoherent with other events. Theres just too much strange and apparently totally random stuff tied in already. Its more likely you can follow and understand because you have a weak memory and forget all the random weird stuff? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate preformulated TV shows and thats why I like lost because it is unpredictable and I haven't a clue as to what is going on.

I just got the Season 2 on DVD's, haven't yet watched a single episode from S2.
Loved the S1, and can't wait to watch the second season through with my bf when he gets back home.
Is it known yet will there be season 4, 5,...? I do hope they end with season 3 as frankly, how much can they milk a setting like Lost's?

I'll keep away from this thread in fear of spoilage.

its not milking, its adding puzzle pieces to complete :cool:

God i hate that hobbit

Rubbish.

It's adding crap to the pile. They'll answer one question maybe every 6 episodes, fill the rest with crap and even more questions, and hope that people like you - or like i used to be - will keep watching in the hope that something will be sorted out.

It's basically fraud. That's what it is. I'm telling you.

:devilish:

They'll answer one question maybe every 6 episodes, fill the rest with crap and even more questions, and hope that people like you - or like i used to be - will keep watching in the hope that something will be sorted out.
That’s basically why I lost interest in Lost too. I get the sensation that when it is all said and done and they get to the end of it in a couple of seasons (if they ever get there), that they’d be able to edit the whole thing down to a ‘readers digest-edition’ 10 episode miniseries without loosing anything significant.

Rubbish.

It's adding crap to the pile. They'll answer one question maybe every 6 episodes, fill the rest with crap and even more questions, and hope that people like you - or like i used to be - will keep watching in the hope that something will be sorted out.

It's basically fraud. That's what it is. I'm telling you.

:devilish:

Well, isnt THAT what makes the serie great also? where is the fun when you know evertying already in the middle of season2?
man , i could watch lost for 24hours straight if i could :p .... gimme gimme gimme

Well, isnt THAT what makes the serie great also? where is the fun when you know evertying already in the middle of season2?
man , i could watch lost for 24hours straight if i could :p .... gimme gimme gimme

Well there are various levels of taking the piss. Season 1 was great, but by middle season of Season 2 there were so many unresolved things still from S1 (and they still are in S3!), with so many more "mysteries", that it's just too much. The show feels disjointed, uncoherent and nothing is gonna change that, as much as the creators like to make us believe that "there is a bigger picture".

You know what i think, there surely is a "bigger picture", but the studio are trying to get as much cash as they can and they are diluting the "big story" into 7 or more seasons. This results in a LOT of fillers and silly side stories which are NEVER resolved, and now the show is just a mess.

It's not about "knowing everything by middle of S2". It's about "knowing enough" compared to "know even less with each episode".

That's without even going into the discussion of how incoherent the whole thing is.

SPOILERS FOR WHO HASN'T WATCHED SEASON2

Just one of many examples, Analucia had to "be killed" because the actress was too much of a liability, sure, but the episode RIGHT BEFORE she was killed was centered on her and showed that she was VERY connected to Jack's father - another thing that's STILL dragging on since the beginning of S1. So now we had that snippet of story, we thought she was gonna, as you say, "add a puzzle piece to the whole thing", but then she just died. And that whole episode might as well never have existed.

They're TOTALLY milking it. There is a bigger story they're following, but they know that if they want to last 7 seasons, and make lots of money in the meantime, they can only almost-answer one thing every 5 episodes or so. And to entertain people like yourself, they "give you mysteries" to fill in the emptyness they have in between. But in the end, they're just fillers.

;)

well its peanuts compared to Dallas or Dynasty then ... :) (milking not twists...but then again)

hmm, ana lucia ..... such pretty big full lips...

shut up ...

mmmh kate.. mmmh analucia bonita sanchez el rocko mi collo

ok, you can have your thread back :p

They're TOTALLY milking it. There is a bigger story they're following, but they know that if they want to last 7 seasons, and make lots of money in the meantime, they can only almost-answer one thing every 5 episodes or so. And to entertain people like yourself, they "give you mysteries" to fill in the emptyness they have in between. But in the end, they're just fillers. ;)

All well and true, but they have stated on numerous occasions that they have no intention of proceeding beyond 5 seasons MAX. They clearly stated upon creation of the show that that's as far as they'd stretch it. I honestly don't see how you think they're milking it ;)

All well and true, but they have stated on numerous occasions that they have no intention of proceeding beyond 5 seasons MAX. They clearly stated upon creation of the show that that's as far as they'd stretch it. I honestly don't see how you think they're milking it ;)

I stand corrected!! 94 hours to tell the story is fine. ;)

I can understand your frustration with the show, but I have faith in the writers.

They have an endpoint. They're operating within a set of rules. It's just that the island is full of mystery.

Supernatural, in a way.

Back