Looks like a flying "car" will be available very soon

Too bad you need apilot license to "drive" it through the air though and undoubtedly it woulfd be illegal to do so in any urban area. Pretty much relegating such an invention into irrelevancy.

Not to mention the most likely astronomical price to buy and operate it compared to an ordinary road vehicle..

Flying cars are a nonsensical dream born out of the 50s. Fuel costs and emissions alone will ensure this type of transport won't have a future ever.

Sorry for being such a boring grouch but I just think this is a silly concept that's all. :cool:
Peace.

Too bad you need apilot license to "drive" it through the air though and undoubtedly it woulfd be illegal to do so in any urban area. Pretty much relegating such an invention into irrelevancy.

Of course you would need some sort of license to fly just like you need a license to drive. I wouldn't want an idiot to drop out of the sky into my house. ;) Also the license to fly this vehicle takes two weeks of training, that's it, it's not a plane, it's a gyrocopter.

Not to mention the most likely astronomical price to buy and operate it compared to an ordinary road vehicle..

It's really designed for wealthy people so fuel costs isn't a concern not to mention it runs on diesal. It's a niche market design anyway not meant to replace all cars. The car/motorcycle part of the design has already been in production and sold to consumers and in operation on the streets for awhile now.

http://www.carver-worldwide.com/Home/Index.asp?nc=1

Flying cars are a nonsensical dream born out of the 50s. Fuel costs and emissions alone will ensure this type of transport won't have a future ever.

I think it's too early to really know if it'll have a future or not.

The only way I could see flying cars work (on a large scale) is if they were entirly computer controlled.
No other way around it, as even a very slight collision would be a disaster.

Well the PAL V is more closer to realization since it's based on an existing vehicle. Also they plan to have it availble in 2009. It doesn't take much work to engineer a Carver One into a gyrocopter since they are very simple and cheap machines.

Back