Looking for an mp3 player ac charger.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My BenQ joybee150 which I love to pieces only has half a charge left, and my puppies totally chewed up my AC recharger. :?

I tried charging it thru it's USB line, but no-go. The AC charger plugged into the same spot that the USB line-in goes to, so anything with similar to USB volt/amp should work....right?

I'm having an awful time hunting one down, at least hunting one down for less than what I can just pick up another joybee150 for! :rolleyes:

From the sound of it, it should recharge from any powered USB port.

Of course, it doesn't have our part in it, so I can't be sure.

It doesn't, lord knows I did try that route. The puppies chewed off the wrong end clean and I had like NO wires to even attempt a splice...

....but it's just amazing what a little frustration and some misuse of handtools can do:

fixedadapter.jpg

Ugly as piss, yes; but it works. It looked even worse after I closed it up; I was out of electrical tape so I made do with an old balloon, an exacto knife, some duct tape, and a bit of packaging tape to make it all "nice". :)

I also had that with USB until I used the cable which was delivered with my player (ZEN). It would recharge only through that one, but I haven't bothered looking what's different.

Back