Looking for a remote control for a non-MCE XP machine

RudeCurve

Banned
Anybody know of any remote controls that work with XP that I could use to power up/down and put in standby my PC? It needs to be able to operate media player volume etc. Ideally it would allow mapping of keyboard functions to the remote. I'm not looking to spend a lot on this remote, maybe $25 max.

There are other similar stuff. I just got the Xbox remote working with my PC by buying a USB receiver on Ebay and changing one setting in the registry. Supposedely you can remap buttons in the registry, but when I tried that it did not work. It works with MCE (and w/o MCE), but certain buttons such as channel dont work right with MCE for some reason.

I can't find where I got the info now though on how to do it all.

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/04/29/586961.aspx

That isn't the correct link though. The point is you can use all kinds of remotes in regular XP to do many simple functions like Volume up and down, but the standby power up may be more complicated.

Thanks for the info guys, anyway I just found the iMON KNOB and purchased one locally. I was very lucky to find it though as NOBODY sells these or have them in stock anymore since they've been discontinued. It seems this model cannot power on my PC but it can power it down/standby, still I like it a lot and it wasn't even expensive at $60.

so much for $25max

Well before I did any indepth research I thought i would've been able to find one for $25, I couldn't..so I deicided to spend a little more and get a MUCH better remote with MUCH better functiionality. The coolest thing about the iMON KNOB isn't the knob but it's the software and remote. The remote actually has an analog thumb knob to control a cursor if you need to.

Back