Looking for a new monitor

kordog

Newcomer
It’s been a long time since I’ve gotten a new monitor " 4 years or so " and it's finally starting to go out. I haven’t been keeping up on monitor technology over the past few years and I thought I would ask you guys, which would be a good monitor worth checking out. I looked at newegg and I found this one:
"Monitor Viewsonic 19" CRT E90f+SB PerfectFlat - Retail
18" viewable, 1792x1344 max resolution"

It has a pretty high resolution, with over bright and a flat screen for 240. Not sure if it’s any good. I’m looking for a 19", perfect flat, or flat screen "what ever its called" crt monitor for around 250. Any ideas? Thx.

The important thing to check is that it can do the resolution that you would normally want to use for desktop stuff, at at least 85Hz. Much lower than this and the screen will be quite unpleasant to view. Viewsonic monitors are pretty good quality. It is also worth looking at Iiyama for good quality cheap monitors.
www.iiyama.co.uk

CC

i'd buy a samsung monitor. (i have a SyncMaster 950p+, a friend got a 17" TFT and both are really good)

You may want to also look at hitachi monitors. Before I got an LCD, I was pretty pleased with mine. You should also decide if you want a trinitron or a good shadowmask display. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Personally I'd run 1440x1080 on a 19" crt, but if you can stomach 1600x1200 at that size, then by allmeans...

Nite_Hawk

Well my old Hitachi 21" was pretty good. Not as good as my new Sony 21" though.

I use a 22in Iiyama on a Matrox Millenium at work. That's a good quality monitor for the price (~£650 when I got it).

Back