Loco Roco [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

PaRappa the Rapper, Patapon and Loco Roco PS4 remasters coming in 2017 [PlayStation EU]

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad, a fair number of kids in our circle are going to get Playstations for the first time this holiday season, and it's great that I can recommend LocoRoco to them soon. And would be lovely to see on 4k too. :)

Such a great game and I can still sing the theme tune in that nonsense language they made up for the game. :yes:

This is the kind of game that the original PS4 should be able to drive at 4K.
The HDMI 1.4 connection would set it back to 30Hz but does it matter for this game?

Yes. It's a 2D platformer, so 30hz is bad. ;) But 4:2:0 is ok for this game, on the other hand ... unless they change something there.

PS4 should in theory be able to do 4k for lots of 2D stuff. But it's just not happening I think.

Yes. It's a 2D platformer, so 30hz is bad.

I guess this is another area where the XBone S could excel over the current PS4 Slim. Simpler games can simply be rendered at 4K 60Hz and there's not an outdated interface preventing it from happening.
Seriously, the PS4 Slim sounds like quite the afterthought nowadays.

Who bets we'll have a PS4 Slimmer in late 2017 rocking HDMI 2.0?

It's exactly what every other Slim has been, no? It's the same product as the original just in a smaller, cheaper box.

The first PS3 Slim actually updated the HDMI interface from 1.2 to 1.3, allowing for HDMI CEC and bitstreaming of Dolby TrueHD and DTS MasterAudio.
And the first X360 didn't even have HDMI, just analog component for 720p. Only the first Zephyr revision brought HDMI even though the GPU and CPU were physically unchanged.
Then the XBone S also updated from HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0, and the PS4 Pro went for HDMI 2.0 too.

The PS4 Slim is really the odd duck here. The efforts on the SoC shrink seems to have been exclusively directed at making it cheaper to manufacture and I think that makes sense. But not updating the output to HDMI 2.0 - at the very least to allow for 4K video streaming which is a service that Sony also sells - just seems dumb to me. Or worse: it seems greedy.

Back