LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

-tkf-

Legend
Had a shall we say bit boring introduction from TT at the Eurogamer EXPO, by that i mean very little meat on the the next gen. But plenty of presentation of the characters from the game. As i understood it, there will be some 20+ chars to play in the game and some 150 in total, i guess that is 130 to unlock. Among them a game breaker called Stan Lee that for obvious reasons will be the hardest to unlock. He gets the bests traits from all the super heroes :)

There will be DLC packs (grrrr)

Useful stuff, they got their next gen systems a "a few months ago", they are a launch title on the XB1 and PS4 (first day purchase for me). Considering that they at most had 4-6 months with the XB1+PS4 i don't expect to much and i find it convincing that the next generation is so "easy" to develop with that you can get an engine up and running so fast that you can ship a game withing 4-6 months.

The guy doing the presentation is asked about future games, Jurassic Park (yeh!) and Back to The Future (Ohh yes please please) but he knows nothing "i just do the games i am told to do".

It looks like they run the Demo on a 360, frame rate is bad, but it's an obvious rough build with plenty of debug code i would guess. I had hoped they would demo PS4/XB1 version.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNW2-N0uFA

I have really high hopes for this title. I absolutely loved Lego Star Wars (Lego Indiana Jones not so much) but the scope of Marvel's super heroes in a nice wide open city with TT Games writing and that Lego charm could be stellar.

I'll be holding out for the PS4 version.

I got the demo for the PC version and XBOX 360, 360 looks a little rough, maybe they are finally (as if) moving into a bit more demanding graphics.. :)

The PC version ran on 4870 but apparently there is no settings in the PC demo.

PC version is $27 on Steam, must resist and hold out for PS4 version... I won't let my kids fire up my HTPC and muck around with it, PCs have a long way to go to be family friendly.

PC version is $27 on Steam, must resist and hold out for PS4 version... I won't let my kids fire up my HTPC and muck around with it, PCs have a long way to go to be family friendly.

hahaha yeah, i was checking the amazon price for the PC disc.. stupid cheap compared to the PS4

£17.99 PC Disc incl free delivery compared to PS4 £49.99 also with free delivery.. but wow...

My PS4 gets the prime spot on the 120 inch projection screen. PC version is going to be picked up for secondary play at some point.. It's so cheap :-/

PS3 and 360 Version £32.00 either they are milking it or prices for next gen are going up...

COD Ghost is also more expensive on next gen with a £10 added to the price.

Played the PC demo last night, graphics are very nice but I think the PC default settings in the demo (which are unchangeable) are deliberately gimped to allow for better performance. Resolution looks very low, 720p max but may be lower. The final version should at least allow that to scale to 1080p and beyond. Should look gorgeous at that resolution - the Lego games in particular benefit greatly from high resolution and image quality.

The game also looks pretty awesome in 3D. The wife and I will be picking this up to play on the TV in two player. It's one of the few well supported two player same screen games on the PC.

Separate user account that's fully locked down and launches Steam Big Picture mode on launch...

Played the PC demo last night, graphics are very nice but I think the PC default settings in the demo (which are unchangeable) are deliberately gimped to allow for better performance. Resolution looks very low, 720p max but may be lower. The final version should at least allow that to scale to 1080p and beyond. Should look gorgeous at that resolution - the Lego games in particular benefit greatly from high resolution and image quality.

The game also looks pretty awesome in 3D. The wife and I will be picking this up to play on the TV in two player. It's one of the few well supported two player same screen games on the PC.

I still can't get controllers to work with this game. Couldn't get the 3D working either. Will give it another go sometime ... Would be great to play this with my son. Hopefully the PS4 version is good.

I still can't get controllers to work with this game. Couldn't get the 3D working either. Will give it another go sometime ... Would be great to play this with my son. Hopefully the PS4 version is good.

Full version or demo? I'm only playing the demo but my 360 pad just worked without any config, 3Dvision too.

I use cable on Win8. Works with DS3 but then many games fail to recognize it properly, and the 360 controller shows up with the Play and Charge kit but doesn't register as game controller at all.

The play and charge kit is just a charger, I don't think it passes any signals back to the PC via the wire so you'd still need a wireless receiver connected to the PC if you don't have a wired controller.

How do you connect the 360 controller - Dongle or USB cable? Win7 or Win8?

I use 2 Wired 360 controllers, i did have the PS3 controller working on USB with that insane always on solution thingy commercial ridden crap at a point. But when i got a 360 i switched.

I've just finished the demo and I've gotta say it's pretty cool. I've vaguely enjoyed some of the Lego games in the past but this is easily better than those. And the graphics get better in the second half of the demo from the already great starting point. Very "next gen" looking. Easily some of the most impressive I've seen in a game.

Separate user account that's fully locked down and launches Steam Big Picture mode on launch...

I tried this out for myself out of curiosity and must say it works like a charm. I'm keeping my new "Gamer" account on this PC now as a sort of console mode. As soon as you log in it immediately goes to full screen Steam big picture mode which you can control with the pad and play all your games from there. Pretty cool if I want to do some gaming on the TV. And it's a fully locked down, stripped out non admin account with basically no options besides games and internet so perfect for my kid sisters in law to play around with unsupervised.

Too bad so many games either kick you out of big picture mode to start menus or go to non-steam login pages, like UStream.

Too bad so many games either kick you out of big picture mode to start menus or go to non-steam login pages, like UStream.

Very true, you have to keep the mouse handy for some games like Skyrim and Battlefield 3. I'm tempted to look into a mouse emulator for the control pad. Should be built into Windows as standard really but it's a good idea so I wouldn't expect Microsoft to implement it.

Back