Legend of the Seeker-- Sword of truth tv series

Oh gawd. How many episodes are they filming - 400?

I gave up on the series around book 6 IIRC. I enjoyed the first few books but Goodkind started to disappear up his own backside as the series progressed.

Wow, this looks so bad ass. Thanks epic for pointing this out! I'm going to catch up on the first show one. I need me another TV show to watch after Heroes went 100% downhill, I hope this one can take its spot.

Thanks man. How've you been?

Wow, this looks so bad ass. Thanks epic for pointing this out! I'm going to catch up on the first show one. I need me another TV show to watch after Heroes went 100% downhill, I hope this one can take its spot.
I also hope it turns out good. Need something to watch on my down time. I did some research and they are guaranteed for 22 episodes, so no 'firefly-like' let down.
Thanks man. How've you been?
Actually, I think Im likely one of happiest person on this forum right now. :) Might start a thread on it later. :cool: <knock on wood>

I also hope it turns out good. Need something to watch on my down time. I did some research and they are guaranteed for 22 episodes, so no 'firefly-like' let down.
Actually, I think Im likely one of happiest person on this forum right now. :) Might start a thread on it later. :cool: <knock on wood>

Nice. Glad they get it for a full pilot season. I just noticed Sam Raimi has his hands all over this one so it should turn out to be pretty good. And how can it not with at least one guaranteed Bruce Campbell cameo!

Glad to hear you're doing good. Start up a thread and let us know all the juicy details, or as much as you would care to tell. :cool:

I haven't read the books, but I saw the first two episodes and they were quite good. It didn't come across as cheesy like is often the case with this type of show.

Was looking forward to this for a long time. It's a pity they completely destroyed the original storyline. Absolutely everything has changed and the characters barely fit the originals from the books. They might as well have placed Kevin Sorbo as Richard.

Was looking forward to this for a long time. It's a pity they completely destroyed the original storyline. Absolutely everything has changed and the characters barely fit the originals from the books. They might as well have placed Kevin Sorbo as Richard.

Could you elaborate?

Sounds like a function of the transition from the printed word to the big screen to me. At least that's how these things usually turn out...

Still waiting for that NBC Wheel of Time mini-series from years and years ago btw ;)

You'll really need to watch the first 2 episodes to see how much has changed. Especially if you have read all the books and know how integral some of the things are even much later and they change them from the start.

If you really want to know:

• Kahlan brings over the Book of Counted Shadows to give it to the Seeker
  • Kahlan knows Zed's name
  • Kahlan brings over the vine to the westlands
  • Her Confessor power doesn't have any area effects on anyone around and her victim doesn't even say anything, nor does she, and he immediately starts attacking anyone around.
  • She tells Richard she is a Confessor almost immediately
  • The whole Seeker role is glossed over completely, and the "ceremony" of appointing the seeker is nothing like the original and even includes a stupid lightning strike to the sword as he holds it up to the sky.... wtf is he, He Man?
  • TRUTH is not on the hilt of the sword
  • Nothing happens to Richard when he kills the first person with the sword
  • He's never seen the Book of Counted Shadows before
  • His father isn't dead
  • He doesn't even know Zed
  • He destroys the Book of Counted Shadows without reading anything but the first paragraph
  • Orden is not mentioned at all
  • They actually seige the barrier with catapults and magical ammunition to break a hole through it to Westland
  • Darken Rahl apparently is hard to find as he moves from temple to temple around the lands
  • Darken Rahl has journey books
  • From what I could tell briefly, Mord Sith wear dresses.
  • Shar doesn't talk to Richard at all and dies saving Richard from an arrow
  • And Richard is portrayed as a bumbling idiot.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back