Left 4 Dead (multiplat)

I don't think so. I think I remember specifically reading in the manual that the only difference is how much damage the infected do to you.

Regardless...This game is uber fun!

I can guarantee that infected do more damage, you do less damage or the infected have more HP and friendly fire is much worse as difficulty goes up.
My primary reason of dying in Expert mode is friendly fire, the infected hardly ever hurt me... (Except for the Tank sometimes.)
Taking a shotgun hit in Expert mode is around 50HP, it's barely a scratch in Normal mode.

Here's a list of bugs, you might want to know them in case something weird happens on your server.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751344

I've already faced the Jumper spawn exploit, it's mighty annoying.
Switching between weapons reset the melee attack animation, so you can strike lightning speed doing that, exterminating any horde quickly, making the boomer a joke...

Just finished an awesome awesome versus session with some friends. We absolutely dominated with a score of approximately 3500 to 500. I'm definitely going to play again more.

Left 4 Dead "Post Update DLC"

Check it out

The first "post-Survival" DLC patch for Left 4 Dead has now gone live, fixing a number of exploits and bugs introduced in the free update. The patch most-notably addresses exploits on several of the newly updated Survival mode maps. Tank-spawning bugs and a couple leader-board issues have also been taken care of. Even with the bugs this update is a must have for any Left 4 Dead player, especially considering it's free.

The full list of changes is below:

*Darkened the Lighthouse background movie and increased the contrast with the user interface elements
*Chapter selection is now available when creating a Survival lobby
*Single player coop now works correctly after playing Survival online
*The correct game mode will be set when playing back a demo
*Changed holdout server spew to be development only
*Stats are no longer updated while viewing a demo
*Correctly update the leaderboard based on the player's personal time, not the team best time
*Show the player's best time in the scoreboard
*Removed Survival exploits from The Terminal, Last Stand, The Crane, The
Boathouse and The Warehouse
*Fixed tanks sometimes not spawning after 15-20 minutes

DA LINK

I just bought this off Steam for $15. I was not a big fan of the 360 demo, but for $15 my buddy and I thought we would play co-op. So my buddy and I plus two AI partners.

I just bought this off Steam for $15. I was not a big fan of the 360 demo, but for $15 my buddy and I thought we would play co-op. So my buddy and I plus two AI partners.

I'd play on Advanced difficulty. Normal will be too easy. Expert is basically impossible without 4 good players. This is one of those games that is only really fun if you challenge yourself, so I played on Expert almost exclusively after beating the campaigns on Advanced. The versus mode can be pretty fun, but there were some exploits on the 360 that could ruin a game. If you had an honorable group, it was really good.

I happened to pick up the PC version at 50% off as well, to get the new Crash Course campaign for free rather than paying for it on xbox. Unfortunately I don't have a working mic on my PC yet (because of bluetooth stack in XP), but I'll be ready to go when I get my Windows7. Microphone is pretty much mandatory in that game to play Expert and is very very beneficial on Advanced.

Same here. Just picked it up for 50% off and I'm having a blast. I usually don't like MP games but for the price I figured I couldn't go wrong.

The graphics are pretty dated, it chose 1080P 4xaa, high settings and it is still pegged at 60fps. I'll be communicating via phone w/headset like always, so my co-op communication is the same on all platforms :)

The graphics are pretty dated, it chose 1080P 4xaa, high settings and it is still pegged at 60fps. I'll be communicating via phone w/headset like always, so my co-op communication is the same on all platforms :)

Yep. Source is showing it's age. My new macbook pro can get pretty good results in that game. I still think the game looks pretty nice.

I rented the X360 version and played for about 30 minutes and didn't touch it after that. Animation and framerate gets choppy when many zombies run towards you, this cause me to get nausiated when playing this game. Graphics are pretty dated as mentioned.

That said the concept is fantastic. I find myself pondering how much better the game would be if it had a graphics/animation engine like RE5 but using the same dark scary settings. Imagine RE5 with 4 player coop in L4D setting.

Back