Kyle and nvidia, computex day1

I know this is getting a bit silly but I came across this article linked from techreport.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTI3

It is suppost to be a quick look at computex but in fact it is a very funny article where Kyle can't help but point out on every page the lack of Nvidia products on show, how Asus and MSI *may* be producing ATI cards and so forth.

After reading it you would think NV were on thier last legs. I hope they make up soon!

For immediate release :

Nvidia corporation is not participating anymore in the "Kyle Bennet retirement fund" beta program, as this program costs up to hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. As a result, we don't know what he did, but it seems that Kyle Bennet has done something to make our products look bad. We strongly encourage our loyal customer(s ?) not to pay attention to what Kyle Bennet says, as Kyle Bennet cannot provide an accurate measurement of the great performance of our Nvidia products. Nvidia and a few other people believe that our products run all kinds of games and applications very well, and we would like to point out that we used a GFFX-powered time-machine to sell 3D cards to the people on board the Mayflower, which means we currently have roughly 250 000 000 000 customers. And 250 000 000 000 customers can't be wrong, so everyone making negative comments about Nvidia and/or our fine products is obviously out to get us and/or under the influence of psychotropic products AKA "something hallucinogenic".

Nvidia is a global cheater in the communication age, and our goal is to "deface every pixel on the planet".

Remember they dont have to lie to say their products run many applications very well, they do they just wont run future applications nearly so well.

And yes it was funny I read it, what I was wondering is when will nvidia release an nforce3 consumer edition with digital sound encoding and all of that stuff? Are they trying to make amd pay them to do it :), never know

CorwinB said:
For immediate release :

Nvidia corporation is not participating anymore in the "Kyle Bennet retirement fund" beta program, as this program costs up to hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. As a result, we don't know what he did, but it seems that Kyle Bennet has done something to make our products look bad. We strongly encourage our loyal customer(s ?) not to pay attention to what Kyle Bennet says, as Kyle Bennet cannot provide an accurate measurement of the great performance of our Nvidia products. Nvidia and a few other people believe that our products run all kinds of games and applications very well, and we would like to point out that we used a GFFX-powered time-machine to sell 3D cards to the people on board the Mayflower, which means we currently have roughly 250 000 000 000 customers. And 250 000 000 000 customers can't be wrong, so everyone making negative comments about Nvidia and/or our fine products is obviously out to get us and/or under the influence of psychotropic products AKA "something hallucinogenic".

Nvidia is a global cheater in the communication age, and our goal is to "deface every pixel on the planet".
LOL~~~ :LOL:

I thought this was hilarious and I found the article to be a great read, very interesting stuff and doubly so from Kyle. :)

(BTW-CorwinB- I just had to share your funny with some friends at nVnews, I hope you don't mind. :) )

ASUS and MSI have already confirmed that they will be bringing RS300 chipsets to the market in one form or another - ASUS will go retail, but we don't know if MSI will be for retail or OEM only. ASUS have already additionally confirmed they will be using ATI for their own line of notebook products initially. These are already known about, however there has been a rumour that ASUS may announce a line of retail ATI graphics cards at Computex, but that doesn't appear to have happned yet.

Ratchet said:
I would guess ASUS will make that announcement sometime soon (if the rumours are true). What I'd like to know is whether they will dump nVidia all-together, or make both nVidia and ATI cards.
I bet they'll go straight ATi, I doubt nVidia would let 'em not have an exclusive deal.

Hmmmm...if this rumor is true this might be a great time for me to hit up Asus for a 5900 Ultra to review, kind of like a going away present from them to nVidia... ;)

DaveBaumann said:
ASUS and MSI have already confirmed that they will be bringing RS300 chipsets to the market in one form or another - ASUS will go retail, but we don't know if MSI will be for retail or OEM only. ASUS have already additionally confirmed they will be using ATI for their own line of notebook products initially. These are already known about, however there has been a rumour that ASUS may announce a line of retail ATI graphics cards at Computex, but that doesn't appear to have happned yet.

So Asus will be manufacturing Mobility Radeon 9600 boards?

As far as the desktop goes both Kyle and yourself seem to be very aware of the rumour. I guess we will find out if there is any credence to the rumour shortly.

ASUS have started to produce their own line of laptops, the firt of which will employ MR9600. As the to board production rumour, this was reported via one of the financial houses and hence went on the stock forums.

DaveBaumann said:
ASUS have started to produce their own line of laptops, the firt of which will employ MR9600. As the to board production rumour, this was reported via one of the financial houses and hence went on the stock forums.

So I guess we will find out if Asus will be manufacturing ATI mobile graphics cards shortly as well. Am I the only one with the feeling this conversation was pretty uninformative? :)

Didn't MSI made a lot of Radeon R9600XT boards for Medion earlier this year? Thet where put in the pc's sold at ALDI's in the whole of europe (a cheap supermarket).

[edit]
Anand also mentioned the possibility that some brand will produce ATI cards.
http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.html?i=1880

At Computex, we have had to chance to sit down and chat with a few tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 video card manufacturers, all of which have given some interesting comments on the fiasco bubbling around the industry. First of all, the majority [regardless of which graphic solution they produce] have told us that they believe that ATI is not cheating. They believe that if NVIDIA requires certain questionable optimizations in their drivers and ATI does not all while still leading benchmarks, the consumer is going to catch on very fast about who they should choose for their next graphics solution purchase. The majority additionally are sure that this will play out very soon. We have been informed by manufacturers that NVIDIA was back in Taiwan about 3 weeks prior to Computex, to supposedly answer for their actions and reassure consumers. This was strategic move an anticipation of AquaMark and Half-Life 2 benchmarks that were going to pop up soon. The basic content of the discussion between NVIDIA and their respective manufacturers were to reassure them that they were doing fine and to expect everything fixed with newer and better drivers. However, those traditionally considered NVIDIA strongholds told us that they are seriously discussing the possibilities of ATI internally. Despite this, it seems thought that the executive management of such companies have decided to wait and see what fully materializes from the controversy, basically, if NVIDIA can deliver on these promises. If they can’t, they risk alienating the manufacturers, which they partnered with. On the other hand, choosing ATI means competition almost against one’s self, because ATI also sells their brand of cards. Much of these topics still need to be addressed. The war on NV4x and R4xx is still a ways off from duking it out. Only one thing is for sure, the heat has been kicked up a notch, and now we will wait for the ensuring battle fog to clear

digitalwanderer said:
Ratchet said:
I would guess ASUS will make that announcement sometime soon (if the rumours are true). What I'd like to know is whether they will dump nVidia all-together, or make both nVidia and ATI cards.
I bet they'll go straight ATi, I doubt nVidia would let 'em not have an exclusive deal.
It don't think nVidia is in any position to tell their partners what and what-not to do.

DaveBaumann said:

Well Anand has now confirmed that Asus and others are manufacturing laptops with MR9600 graphics cards.

The first Mobility Radeon 9600 we stumbled on is Asus' A2000, which overall is a slick system. However, this is a desktop replacement notebook because of its use of a 800FSB Pentium 4. Coincidentally, two other tier 1 motherboard manufacturers are producing Mobility Radeon 9600 based notebooks: Gigabyte and ECS.

No mention of who actually manufactures the graphics card though. If it's not the tier 1 manufactures why the silence on who it is?

Back