Konami and Bloober Team start partnership... [2021-06]

Roger Cobb

Regular
Bloober Team from Poland, have decided to team up with Konami. Since it's well known their game The Medium was a homage to the Silent Hill series, and they confirmed they are working on an established IP, it's kind of already hitting people in the face that, yes: Bloober Team would like to bring back Silent Hill. :D

The only downside is, you would have to consider the fact that Team Silent is no more, so you may not get a game anywhere as good as the first four games. I've always felt that, in spite of the lower budget of some games like Downpour, the games can still be intriguing enough, because of the story involving the town and the people therein. But of course, the gameplay has to be tolerable. Awful gameplay is not cool.

Despite what anybody says, none of these games were ever really able to compete with Resident Evil. That's an entirely different franchise. They never really had any rivalry going, Konami and Capcom. But as they were leading the genre, I guess I can see why fans made comparisons to their work.

Back