Kinect Games

Ok, so what is my household still playing? The staples: Kinect Sports, Your Shape, and Dance Central.

Of the three Your Shape is still my favorite for user changing (arm out, change user) and Kinect Sports is my least favorite as it is a serious pain in the ass to get back to the sign-in screens if we haven't all signed-in before starting.

For Dance Central I don't like how in a challenge it doesn't allow me to choose the other signed-in players to challenge its simply signed-in vs player 2 even if the other person is signed in to Live.

As a general rule I want the games to know (as it should already) when I am in frame or my wife or son is in frame and for games like Dance Central and Your Shape adjust themselves accordingly especially the tilt given the size differences between each of us.

We don't dislike JoyRide or Kinectimals but they see minimal to no play time. We played the demo of Body and Brain and it was ridiculously short be we did enjoy it. I have to admit we watched the YooStar video from spotlight and laughed a couple times especially at the spanish overdub I'm sure we will have a blast with that. Also thought about grabbling Adrenaline Misfits or Sonic but I'm allowing the wallet to recuperate a little from the home theatre redo.

EDIT: Kinect Sports online, wow, Rotmm was not kidding, we had a seamless experience at what for the US would have been almost peak time, 6PM central.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinect sports online is a blast. I've recently started using kinect sports as a workout.

The new boxing mini game and distance runner are awesome. Choose 4 players but its just you playing. This way there is no long menu wait to play again. Alternating through 6 sets of distance/boxing/distance/boxing/distance/boxing is a good quick High intensity workout providing you go all out.

At this point, I'm looking forward to the next round of fitness games that will hopefully be announced at E3 and out shortly after.

Kinect sports online is a blast. I've recently started using kinect sports as a workout.

The new boxing mini game and distance runner are awesome. Choose 4 players but its just you playing. This way there is no long menu wait to play again. Alternating through 6 sets of distance/boxing/distance/boxing/distance/boxing is a good quick High intensity workout providing you go all out.

At this point, I'm looking forward to the next round of fitness games that will hopefully be announced at E3 and out shortly after.

This is exactly why I won't play with you...lol...think I'll stick to Lips challenges when it comes to you :smile: On a serious note that actually sounds cool but the boxing in Sports frustrates me to no end so it is my least played by far. For Sports my order would be volleyball, table tennis, bowling, soccer, boxing in the respective fave-to-least order. Though in party mode bowling pin attack (or whatever it is named) is my favorite.

Child of Eden vid from PAX '11

I'm not too fond of the current Kinect offerings. Child of Eden might the first title that I might be interested in :p Not buying Kinect for it though. I'm reaaaally curious to how Steel Battalion will work on Kinect.

hi i about 1 month with kinect now. Noticed some things

- Kinect Sports Table tennis is a lot easier to play while sit. The avatar will automatically go forward/backward left/right to follow the ball. Maybe auto detect player tired if sit?
- i cant make yourshape Zen class to read my movements... always stuck at max 25%.
- the games realy got much more fun when playing with a lot of friends :LOL:
- Connecting kinect to Long USB Extender is not good... My kinect IR Projector keep blinking and the tilt keep "shaking" with 3m USB cable extender :LOL:
- long story short - my kinect stick with spray paint. The body is really sticky with "Spray Paint", but luckily the lenses can be cleaned from SprayPaint by using toothpaste and wet tissue. Nice job microsoft, i dont know the coating they use in the lenses but its awesome job protecting the lens.

Btw anyone have any suggestion to make the Voice Command work more consistent?
my kinect always become "deaf" after about 3 days without calibration i need to loud voice command to work. But after the calibration done again, kinect able to pick my voice again even when i give command in normal voice volume.

thanks

:???:

I thought Neshs' post was perfectly valid! We certainly want to hear dissenting opinions and I didn't see any post that was heading us off a cliff. Oh well...

My frustration with Your Shape the past few days has increased. I was literally yelling at my screen! :rolleyes: The Sumo Squat in Sculpting simply refuses to consistently register my move. Heading to the ubi fora helped somewhat as far as the arms go but even the squat fails to register most of the time and this is after almost perfecting the sumo rise which has the same squat in it!

With only doing a 100cal/day "workout" I'm not going to shed these pounds so I'm trying to increase but if you don't get a certain percentage in a session it won't unlock the next one so I wind up doing the same two sets of routines every time which is not necessarily boring but it IS why I switched from the "Break a Sweat" training to Sculpting because one set of personal training workouts never changes and the other sets do; I wanted the variety. Time for an unlock all DLC key Ubi!

hi i about 1 month with kinect now. Noticed some things

- Kinect Sports Table tennis is a lot easier to play while sit. The avatar will automatically go forward/backward left/right to follow the ball. Maybe auto detect player tired if sit?
- i cant make yourshape Zen class to read my movements... always stuck at max 25%.
- the games realy got much more fun when playing with a lot of friends :LOL:
- Connecting kinect to Long USB Extender is not good... My kinect IR Projector keep blinking and the tilt keep "shaking" with 3m USB cable extender :LOL:
- long story short - my kinect stick with spray paint. The body is really sticky with "Spray Paint", but luckily the lenses can be cleaned from SprayPaint by using toothpaste and wet tissue. Nice job microsoft, i dont know the coating they use in the lenses but its awesome job protecting the lens.

my kinect always become "deaf" after about 3 days without calibration i need to loud voice command to work. But after the calibration done again, kinect able to pick my voice again even when i give command in normal voice volume.

thanks

If you have not followed my 3D home theater rebuild then I'll say that what I bolded is not inaccurate if you get the improper cable BUT is not true when using the proper cable; I am using a 20m/65ft ACTIVE usb cable which works flawlessly and this is with it being run through my walls and ceiling.

For voice I took bkillians advice and turned the volume up VERY loud while audio calibrating and haven't had an issue with normal voice (part of me is wondering if it is the extender you are using that might be causing the issue).

Thanks Shifty for re-opening the thread.

I guess now the question is: should I edit the OP to update the list of Kinect games & keep it updated going forward? What does everybody think of that?

Tommy McClain

I guess now the question is: should I edit the OP to update the list of Kinect games & keep it updated going forward? What does everybody think of that?

Tommy McClain

That's a great idea. :) It'll at least make things easier to find.

I've made an update based on the Wikipedia page. Unfortunately there are a few titles in there that I'm not entirely sure are legit. So I left them out for now. When more details are available I'll add them then.

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy McClain

I think that's an excellant idea. I don't surf game sites as much as when I was younger, so having the OP of this thread updated sure makes my life a whole lot easier. :)

Thanks to Shifty for re-opening the thread, Alstrong for getting it back on track, and you for updating the OP. :)

Regards,
SB

Thanks Az for volunteering to keep it updated!

You're welcome! :)

It's in the list, put it under "The Gunstringer"

I think that's an excellant idea. I don't surf game sites as much as when I was younger, so having the OP of this thread updated sure makes my life a whole lot easier. :)

Thanks to Shifty for re-opening the thread, Alstrong for getting it back on track, and you for updating the OP. :)

Regards,
SB

:) You're welcome too! Thanks again to Shifty & Alstrong.

Tommy McClain

thanks
Ok, could you describe your setup? How big is your room, does the Kinect get any sun on it at any time, do you move it around at all? What equipment does your XBox connect to? What do you use for your audio output?

I have seen some cases where our echo reduction slowly degrades over time, and you have to recalibrate to restore it. We haven't been able to track it down to any specific cause though, and in my tests here I've run 16 hour 500 reboot stress runs with absolutely no degradation.

Back