Kinect Games

In an interview with the BBC Newsbeat, Kudo Tsunoda said he expects Star Wars Kinect out next Holiday & the new Kinect Forza out sometime next year...

Kudo Tsunoda said:
We have a Kinect Star Wars game coming out for next holiday [Christmas 2011].

I think you could just easily imagine being a Jedi and using Kinect to make you feel you're part of a Star Wars experience, building yourself up into a Jedi.

I've seen a bunch of the game and it's super compelling.

And another one next year is Forza, which is the best racing game of this generation of consoles... Those are the two games I'm most excited about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11720937

Tommy McClain

I can't wait to see how Project Draco and Steel Battalion turn out. Those two games are my killer app titles for Kinect.

Devs should use Kinect to take avatar creating to another level

33559_161516963866726_100000252702667_488868_3349718_n.jpg

33559_161516977200058_100000252702667_488872_4432783_n.jpg

149249_168160536535702_100000252702667_534036_3094075_n.jpg
(screen caps of my Nieces from TV Super Stars)

with the depth info they can have you turn around and get your face from all sides and use that to make your avatars look just like you in the games .

like in the next Call of Duty or NBA2K game have you put yourself in the game with the 3D depth cam.

of MS can make it part of the kinect software so you can do it once but use it in every game.

think about if they used that for the next Sims game. you could really put your own family & friends in the game.

There have been plenty of vids of Wii families hitting one another, along with lights, tv's, ceilings, etc ;)

As for Move? Not seen many yet, and a quick search of YT doesn't seem to show much. So maybe that's because either (a) users are used to the style of gaming because of the Wii or, playing devils advocate, (b) there aren't that many Moves in homes yet and/or those that are have been bought by the core and aren't being played by families. ;)

or it could be because the Move is so precise that people don't have to wave around all wildly to play the games so they have more control of what they are doing.

or it could be the bright light that warns the bystander that the Move controller is coming their way lol.

but I have hit someone with the controller but I think the rubber ball soften the hit.

I haven't had any mishaps with Kinect yet but that's maybe because I only played one 2 player game so far.

Devs should use Kinect to take avatar creating to another level

with the depth info they can have you turn around and get your face from all sides and use that to make your avatars look just like you in the games .

like in the next Call of Duty or NBA2K game have you put yourself in the game with the 3D depth cam.

of MS can make it part of the kinect software so you can do it once but use it in every game.

think about if they used that for the next Sims game. you could really put your own family & friends in the game.
I'd think the IR grid Kinect is projecting to your room would not be fine enough to model your face accurate enough to be recognisable.
Ubisoft's fitness game models you in 3D, but it's quite coarse, certainly there's no facial features.
I'm not sure if you were just your face close to the camera, would it work then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think the IR grid Kinect is projecting to your room would not be fine enough to model your face accurate enough to be recognisable.
Ubisoft's fitness game models you in 3D, but it's quite coarse, certainly there's no facial features.
I'm not sure if you were jsut your face close to the camera, would it work then.

but that's for full body use. but if they used it to scan your face into the game you could walk up close to do the scanning. & using the 3D grid of your face this should help make a really good 3D model of your face in a game.

but that's for full body use. but if they used it to scan your face into the game you could walk up close to do the scanning. & using the 3D grid of your face this should help make a really good 3D model of your face in a game.
Is the grid fixed or can it zoom in close enough?

it has limited songs and new dlc may be stoped

In order for me to get updated songs for Just Dance, I would have had to buy Just Dance 2 and in Just Dance we played the same four songs over and over. Dance Central has a much better line-up for my tastes.

Is the grid fixed or can it zoom in close enough?
It's a perspective projection, so the closer you get, the finer detail. But also for scanning you don't need to sample one frame but can sample many, so a slowly moving player could be analysed and a more accurate model created - with the right software!

It wouldn't be a bad idea. They seems to have "gotten" kinect better than any other developer so far. With Rare being a close second.

This is ofcourse if they could break away from the rythm game genre and product some different things.

I can't wait to see how Project Draco and Steel Battalion turn out. Those two games are my killer app titles for Kinect.

:oops: Steel Battalion!?!

Holy crap, a new Mech game would be sweet! And with a Kinect interface? I don't know what to say other than Holy Crap!

I'm not sure if you were just your face close to the camera, would it work then.

It can and it does. That Your Shape example you used is in 3D as you noted and it does a quite good job at reproducing recognizeable features. The big question for me is whether the 2D color camera's fidelity would be enough to do a good job of mapping your actual face onto the recreated 3D model of your face.

But, this isn't the thread for this. It'd be better for this type of discussion to be moved to the technology thread. Quite a few of these past few posts have been going WAY off topic as established by the OP.

Somehow recreation of Avatar using depth camera, spread of depth dot pattern, comparisons to Move, etc. don't fit the Games releasing for Kinect purpose of this thread. :)

Regards,
SB

:oops: Steel Battalion!?!

Holy crap, a new Mech game would be sweet! And with a Kinect interface? I don't know what to say other than Holy Crap!
Pretending to be a mech would be pretty fun, stomping on the spot to walk. Pumping one's arms going ack, ack, ack to shoot things.

Back