KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I know the technique doesn't just automatically double the games frame rate. It allows them to reach the target of 60fps by freeing up resources.

Yes, but it also requires additional overhead. I'm trying to find where I heard what the actual savings were. It might not have been public info.

Yesterday, I tried to install SF again using my day one disc.

But my PS4 didn't install the game. It started to spin the disc. But no KZ SF icon popped up, or a sign of a disc or so.

Anyone ever had such a problem? Any advise?

Just wipe the disc with a soft cloth (maybe used some spit or water with a droplet of detergent in it) and try it again? Not very technical I know, but unless your other game discs do not work either, it's probably not a problem with the disc drive.

But my PS4 didn't install the game. It started to spin the disc. But no KZ SF icon popped up, or a sign of a disc or so.

There's a slightly random bug that seems to have been introduced with the last firmware update which can sometimes cause this behaviour. If you start your PS4 with a disc in by using the eject button then it, sometimes, will refuse to recognise new discs. Apparently if you switch it off and start it normally without then it should fix it.

I've not encountered this yet but I have seen a few reports floating about.

Thanks for the advice! I will try it out. So if I understand it correctly: I'll put the dis out. Switch off the PS4, start it without the disc and then hope that it will recognize it...all fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice! I will try it out. So if I understand it correctly: I'll put the dis out. Switch off the PS4, start it without the disc and then hope that it will recognize it...all fingers crossed!
Yeah. Eject the disc, switch the PS4 off (not rest mode). And then switch it back on. It should recognise discs again after that. That seems to have worked for all the people who have reported the bug.

Does it keep the disc in or does it eject it when its inserted?
On NeoGaf I've seen reports by a few having hardware issues where the bluray drive seems to die and will immediately eject any media inserted. They report after talking with Sony support they had to have the PS4 unit repaired for a rather expensive cost.

It keeps it in, and also starts spinning...but it seems that PS4 does not recognize it. The last time I successfully used it when I installed Witcher 3, which was a few weeks ago.

I'll test it tonight!

Does it keep the disc in or does it eject it when its inserted?
On NeoGaf I've seen reports by a few having hardware issues where the bluray drive seems to die and will immediately eject any media inserted. They report after talking with Sony support they had to have the PS4 unit repaired for a rather expensive cost.
NOOOO the drive is fine! The console needs a reset. The people at neogaf were talking with a Sony employee who didnt know the fix! My drive was ejecting the disk too but I fixed it after I followed Sony's guidelines in Youtube

I know a kid who's PS4 died with disc read errors, and he has 2 out of 3 friends who also had drive faults. Sony Support told him it was an issue with early PS4s. At 75% in his sample, that's pretty worrying.

Yeah. Eject the disc, switch the PS4 off (not rest mode). And then switch it back on. It should recognise discs again after that. That seems to have worked for all the people who have reported the bug.
Seriously, Sony? :rolleyes: WTF. I must be lucky as I've been in and out of a bunch of disc-based games lately (Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Far Cry 4) and I've not had this problem. Nor have I read about it so at least I won't freak out out now if it happens.

My PS4 been absolutely fine since I bought it (my initial DS4 is completely knackered though). It does sound like a vacuum during the summer months though.

After L.Scofield praised KZ: SF graphics, I wanted to check it out again, as I remembered it to be unimpressive to be honest.

Maybe I expected more at launch (as I have mainly played PC games in the end of the PS360 era, I was quite used to very high/ultra graphics settings) but I had the impression that the game was ok looking, but nothing special.

After having played now mainly on X1/PS4 since launch of those boxes, I must say that this game is really quite fine looking and I can see what L.Scofield means.

Nice! Also, it makes quite fun to play around a bit again...I hardly remember anything from the SP campaign though...which is not that good of a sign (I still remember KZ2 campaign, even after all those years).

I played until the forest level. Maybe will play some more today.

Anyone knows if there is still an active online community (or if there ever was, lol!)

Back