Killzone PS3 shown at GDC 07?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
Well, it seems that Killzone PS3 was shown behind closed doors at GDC and we will hear about it in a few hours.

Let's wait and see.

Written Impressions should go up on Killzone, but I doubt video will. GDC folks are saying it doesn't look as good as the CG (obviously), but it looks good. But Sony will probably wait until E3 to publicly show it. Maybe we will get leaked footage.

Also kinda OT to this thread specifically, but on topic to GDC info. Playstation Home media should be coming out around the same time as the impressions, 10:30am pacific time.

edit: hmm, maybe this thread should be merged into Titanio's Harrison keynote thread:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39393 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Written Impressions should go up on Killzone, but I doubt video will. GDC folks are saying it doesn't look as good as the CG (obviously), but it looks good. But Sony will probably wait until E3 to publicly show it. Maybe we will get leaked footage.

Also kinda OT to this thread specifically, but on topic to GDC info. Playstation Home media should be coming out around the same time as the impressions, 10:30am pacific time.

edit: hmm, maybe this thread should be merged into Titanio's Harrison keynote thread:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39393 ?

Why would a Killzone game impressions thread be merged with a GDC Keynote thread? ;)

It's not going to be shown at the keynote either, on top of that :p My thread will hopefully be a thread of excitement, I don't want it polluted by the curse of "The Killzone thread(tm)" ;)

Anyway, we should get text impressions, though, it seems that won't be NDA-ed.

From what I gathered from comments at GAF, it didn't blow anyone away, although that seems to be addressing both gameplay as well as graphics. I think there's more worry about the former than the latter (as it should be, regardless of how it looks). Certainly, though, it would seem the graphics aren't exactly trailer-quality (shock!).

It's not going to be shown at the keynote either, on top of that :p My thread will hopefully be a thread of excitement, I don't want it polluted by the curse of "The Killzone thread(tm)" ;)

Anyway, we should get text impressions, though, it seems that won't be NDA-ed.

From what I gathered from comments at GAF, it didn't blow anyone away, although that seems to be addressing both gameplay as well as graphics. I think there's more worry about the former than the latter (as it should be, regardless of how it looks). Certainly, though, it would seem the graphics aren't exactly trailer-quality (shock!).

some of the impressions i read from neogaf suggested that the CG level wasn't reached but it still look "awesome".

some of the impressions i read from neogaf suggested that the CG level wasn't reached but it still look "awesome".

I found the whole thing quite frustrating tbh. It's a massive tease with lots of comments left open to interpretation. :-/

Dunno if it was intentional but "insiders" should think about what they're saying!

The one question asked on GAF that I wanted answered was answered in an awful way. :)

QUESTION: "Is it possible for you to compare the visual fidelity of Killzone to some PS3 games we have seen? Did the action look good?"

ANSWER: "This reminds me. I have a question. Is F.E.A.R. for PS3 out yet?"

Why would a Killzone game impressions thread be merged with a GDC Keynote thread? ;)

Just saying that all this info is coming from GDC, and killzone impressions will probably come out of the same impressions of playstation home.
From my understanding, both of these things were shown at the same last night behind closed doors by Harrison.

But fair enough, it's understandable. :)

If Killzone doesn't look like the trailer but still looks awesome, I'm satisfied. They still have lots of time to work on it so I'm sure the graphics will be upgraded still. Gameplay is what I'm worried more.

I just want to experience that frantic action, AI , character and camera movement. If the graphic is not at level of that CGI it wouldnt mean much to me... Damn, for all i care, they just have to nail some good art direction, and no one will complain at graphic [as in Zelda TTP].

Tonight @ 19:30 [CET] neogaf will implode... :runaway:

I just want to experience that frantic action, AI , character and camera movement. If the graphic is not at level of that CGI it wouldnt mean much to me... Damn, for all i care, they just have to nail some good art direction, and no one will complain at graphic [as in Zelda TTP].

Tonight @ 19:30 [CET] neogaf will implode... :runaway:

Ladies and Gentelman please fasten your seatbelts and lower your expectations.

PS. it was already said several times. There isnt a Killzone2 public showing happening @GDC.
They showed it already to the press, there is nothing media related to Killzone 2 going public, only impressions from the "Private" demo.

There isnt a Killzone2 public showing happening @GDC.
They showed it already to the press, there is nothing media related to Killzone 2 going public, only impressions from the "Private" demo.

Yeah, I know. I was browsing neogaf when "SamBishop" broke the news...

At least we now know that the "insider" at Guerrila posting on the Sony boards saying the game looked better than the CGI was and is full of it.

Still, I have little doubt the game will be the best looking game we will see at E3, even if everyone will be slagging it off for not being as good as the supposed rendered on PS3 hardware, but sped up movie/techdemo/whatever you want to call it at E3 '05.

At least we now know that the "insider" at Guerrila posting on the Sony boards saying the game looked better than the CGI was and is full of it.

Still, I have little doubt the game will be the best looking game we will see at E3, even if everyone will be slagging it off for not being as good as the supposed rendered on PS3 hardware, but sped up movie/techdemo/whatever you want to call it at E3 '05.

He said that? I used to visit these forums and whenever I or anyone else asked him he avoided to answer. Every single question related to Killzone2's state or features was not answered because NDA was EXTREMELY strict

It's been a while since I read anything from him, so maybe me memory is hazy, I feel fairly sure he said it "looked as good" as the trailer though.

It's been a while since I read anything from him, so maybe me memory is hazy, I feel fairly sure he said it "looked as good" as the trailer though.

Perhaps. There is so much going on in these forums from fanboys that something like that could have been said by a member and be confused for osmeone else. Even a mod in the forums expects it to look as good as the CGI. I ve disagreed many times with them about the game reaching that quality but they wouldnt listen.

When Phill Harisson said some parts exceeded the target tender they all speculated it looks as good or surpassed it.

Some even still wonder if that target render was real and trying to persuade that it could be real when the "insider" himself in the past stated a hundred times that was CGI.

If it does not yet match the target render they didn't need to show it publicly. The best thing is for them not to show it (even if it takes years) until the target render is matched.

I have read statements from Killzone developers saying that the game will match the target render, that as of several months ago it actually exceeds the target render in some areas, and that matching the target render will be I quote, "easy."

Also, I have recently saw interviews with big wigs at Sony saying that they are confident the target render will be matched.

Quite frankly, this game needs to match the target render before they show it publicly.

Now, I know the game will not have perfect anti-aliasing like the target render. However, I believe that it's perfectly possible (their own developers said it would be "easy") for them to match the quality overall. I actually think they could exceed it (they claim they already have in some areas).

For example, the character models, polycount, shading, particle effects, textures, and other aspects of the game could end up looking so good that it makes up for the lack of 16X anti-alising.

I'm looking forward to seeing Killzone when it has matched the target render.

If it does not yet match the target render they didn't need to show it publicly. The best thing is for them not to show it (even if it takes years) until the target render is matched.

Some parts may be comparable but it will NEVER match all the things in the target render. To be honest the vehicles and characters in UT 2007 already match the trailer IMO if not exceed them.

Some parts may be comparable but it will NEVER match all the things in the target render. To be honest the vehicles and characters in UT 2007 already match the trailer IMO if not exceed them.

not this again :( and no UT2007 vehicles don't match or exceed what was show in the kill zone trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back