Kill Bill 2

DemoCoder

Veteran
F*cking brilliant, simply f*cking brilliant. QT channeled every damn spaghetti western, 70s kung fu flick, japanese anime and samuri western, plus comic books and other pop culture references into a single movie.

Sound track. Brilliant. Uma. Brilliant. Carradine. Awesome. Gordon Liu? OWNED. Direction? Masterful.

This movie, althought it will never happen, deserves to be nominated for oscars.

Were seeing it tonight (sat). The first one was really great but I hope you didnt get my expectations up too much ;)...

OK seen it. Friggin masterpiece! But quite diff from what I was expecting and from the first one. Think spaguetti western (which I love)...

Right up there with QT's best: reservoir dogs and PF...

Clashman said:
Wrong forum?
i was thinking the same thing.

I havent seen either KB or KB2. Movies have been quite disappointing lately. Im waiting for something more interesting to drag my sorry ass of the computer screen.

later,
epic

I just bought KILL BILL 1 on DVD after finding out Gordon Lui (aka Lui Chai Hui) is in it :oops: . If you like him you should see the Master Killer, Return of the Master Killer, Ninja vs. Kung Fu etc. He is my all time favorite Kung Fu star.

DemoCoder said:
F*cking brilliant, simply f*cking brilliant. QT channeled every damn spaghetti western, 70s kung fu flick, japanese anime and samuri western, plus comic books and other pop culture references into a single movie.

Sound track. Brilliant. Uma. Brilliant. Carradine. Awesome. Gordon Liu? OWNED. Direction? Masterful.

This movie, althought it will never happen, deserves to be nominated for oscars.

yep... brilliant :D

Mai Pei is an unfortgettable character :D

and carradine.. what a masterclass...

Eddie and I saw Kill Bill the other day after a friend of ours lent us his DVD. It was pretty entertaining, and the homages to anime, hong kong action movies, "way of the warrior" samurai movies, et al, were pretty damn good. I swear I was cracking up when limbs were being chopped off and blood started squirting everywhere Ninja Scroll style. But still I gotta say, I think Reloaded did it better. But that's just me I suppose.

Eddie wants to see KB2 so I guess I gotta drag my sorry ass with him. :rolleyes: :? :LOL:

Oh Poo. Kill BIll is good enough it desvers to be in both forums :p. Who else thinks this movie does a bit of the matrix thing... Reloaded being the more scientific\technical movie and Revolutions beng the more religious\philosophical one. Both having a bit of the others theme as well...

Could be a trend hhe...

Great movie, probably on par with or better than the first chapter.

It dragged a bit, but overall I was left impressed.

Just got Vol 1 DVD today. It's not as good as the hype suggest. Basically a homage art film with a hodgepodge of old school martial art, western, anime elements all mixed together. The film needed more editing as some scenes were waaaayyy too long. The only fight scene that got my blood pumping was with that copperhead chick. All the others with the samurai swords were kinda bleh. Camera angles were kinda misplaced. OTOH QT is a pretty talented guy considering this was a low budget film. I think Matrix Reloaded was a much better action movie, but then again it had an enormous budget and VFX too...

Haven't seen Vol 2 yet but I'll get it as soon as it comes out on DVD for the complete story.

PC-Engine said:
I think Matrix Reloaded was a much better action movie, but then again it had an enormous budget and VFX too...

Oh god... Oh god..... Ooooooh god................. :|
How many things are wrong with that sentence, anyone?

I have always hated martial arts action movies (well, after turning 11 or something), but i must say, there is so much more behind KillBill that i can say it is one of my favorite movies of all time. The action is only one layer of the great achievement it is. And of course it is easy to see QT could have gone the matrix way and make it look "perfect", but that wasn't the point of the movie(s). Sad some people can't see that and stop at the first look, without analysing it a bit deeper... (not specifically talking about u, PCEngine)

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
I think Matrix Reloaded was a much better action movie, but then again it had an enormous budget and VFX too...

Oh god... Oh god..... Ooooooh god................. :|
How many things are wrong with that sentence, anyone?

I have always hated martial arts action movies (well, after turning 11 or something), but i must say, there is so much more behind KillBill that i can say it is one of my favorite movies of all time. The action is only one layer of the great achievement it is. And of course it is easy to see QT could have gone the matrix way and make it look "perfect", but that wasn't the point of the movie(s). Sad some people can't see that and stop at the first look, without analysing it a bit deeper... (not specifically talking about u, PCEngine)

Whether or not it was intended to be single layer or multilayer still doesn't change the fact the action just doesn't compare. QT said KB was his take at an action film and it pales in comparison. It was just messy. Only good fight scene was the first one. The action has NOTHING to do with being a deep or shallow film. Matrix reloaded just had more ooomph. Even the weekest fight scenes in the Matrix Reloaded were better than that Yakuza army brawl. BTW there's really nothing to analyze deeper. It's obvious what it is. I also thought that blood squirting sh*t was REALLY dumb even though it's obvious why it was included in QT's project.

PC-Engine said:
Whether or not it was intended to be single layer or multilayer still doesn't change the fact the action just doesn't compare. QT said KB was his take at an action film and it pales in comparison. It was just messy. Only good fight scene was the first one. The action has NOTHING to do with being a deep or shallow film. Matrix reloaded just had more ooomph. Even the weekest fight scenes in the Matrix Reloaded were better than that Yakuza army brawl.

Can you hear yourself?
QT's "take" was never to do an action movie in the vein of the freaking Matrix! KillBill has always been about the characters, the action is OBVIOUSLY intended to make fun of old chinese/japanese martial arts movies.
If QT wanted to give the bloody Matrix some competition, don't you think he would have invested more in the movie, hired a competent CGI team, and let them do everything else?
Comparing KillBill to the Matrix is just plain stupid. So stupid i can't even begin to describe how stupid it is. Come on PCEngine, u're better than that.

If all the hype that the film generated was because of how it made fun of old school films then that's the most stupid reason I've ever heard. So people raved about the movie because it was a spoof? I've seen better spoofs on MTV. ;)

If QT wanted to give the bloody Matrix some competition, don't you think he would have invested more in the movie, hired a competent CGI team, and let them do everything else?

LMAO, can YOU hear yourself? KB is QT's action movie debut! He's not an action movie director dude. This was HIS try at it. He wouldn't be able to top MR. Terminator 2 and Matrix Reloaded are two films QT wouldn't be able to pull off, because action iss NOT his foray ;)

PS Don't you think QT would've been hired to do a high profile action movie by now if he was that good at directing action movies??? ;)

PC-Engine said:
If all the hype that the film generated was because of how it made fun of old school films then that's the most stupid reason I've ever heard. So people raved about the movie because it was a spoof? I've seen better spoofs on MTV. ;)

You know what i meant, PCEngine, and as usual you try to turn things around to make your arguments seem more valid, now that i've destroyed them. As usual. ;)

Back