Kill Bill 2

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
I've seen Vol 1 and the consensus so far is that Vol 1 is better than Vol 2, therefore my impressions based solely on Vol 1 is justified. ;)

Are you a real person? :|

KB is a Miramax film not a Columbia/Tristar/SPE film. :LOL:

Maybe I'll have a chat with QT since I know where he regularly parks his SUV. I bet he can take the criticism much better than the fanatics. I might ask for his opinion on my upcoming indie film too ;)

PC-Engine said:
london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
I've seen Vol 1 and the consensus so far is that Vol 1 is better than Vol 2, therefore my impressions based solely on Vol 1 is justified. ;)

Are you a real person? :|

KB is a Miramax film not a Columbia/Tristar/SPE film. :LOL:

Maybe I'll have a chat with QT since I know where he regularly parks his SUV. I bet he can take the criticism much better than the fanatics. I might ask for his opinion on my upcoming indie film too ;)

U are not criticising. U are just not getting it. And the things you say.... *shivers down my back*...... :?

PC-Engine said:

PC-Engine said:
The consensus from the posters here...so far.

And the consensus from the posters here... so far is that you just don't get it. :|

While I have not seen KB2 I thought the first one was merely OK. The plot was to one dimensional. There was none of the hallmarks of the great Kung Fu movies like going back for more training, self doubt and the battle of styles. As far as the blood shooting out of victims, Monty Python did that much better. Seeing that KB1 is only the first half of what really is one story, my conclusions may be premature.

nelg said:
There was none of the hallmarks of the great Kung Fu movies like going back for more training, self doubt and the battle of styles.

Lol...yes, you do need to see KB2 if that's what you're looking for. ;)

london-boy said:
KillBill has always been about the characters, the action is OBVIOUSLY intended to make fun of old chinese/japanese martial arts movies.that...And let me say, thank god there are people like QT willing to try new and exciting things, despite people like you who are not happy without a rocket launcher and a nuke here and there.

Let him have his opinion this isn't a religion you don't have to convert him. I too btw don't get a big kick out of QT's stuff. I don't think he is that original or thought provoking. But these are just personal opinions :)

THE GREAT ST. LOUIS BANK ROBBERY: Long before Tarantino's RESERVOIR DOGS came this drama about a hastily formed gang of eccentric hoods who plan the perfect heist only to botch the execution, setting them at each other's throats and sending them all scrambling to save their own skins.

Actually the DVD classic heist movies which is where I saw that has other good movies on there as well. The squeeze was my favorite on the tape for some reason matchstick men reminded me of it in a way.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067D6R/002-0976209-2414411?v=glance

No original ideas anymore just repackaging :) Just kidding.

Pai Mei rocks so hardcore. The long beard and him flicking it everywhere added so much to his character hehe. The second movie surpassed the first which I thought was impossible but QT did it well.

Sxotty said:
Let him have his opinion this isn't a religion you don't have to convert him. I too btw don't get a big kick out of QT's stuff. I don't think he is that original or thought provoking. But these are just personal opinions

Thank you.

Just as a FYI, you're replying to someone who has seen it a gazillion times and think QT is god so religion might not be too farfetched... :LOL:

PC-Engine said:
Sxotty said:
Let him have his opinion this isn't a religion you don't have to convert him. I too btw don't get a big kick out of QT's stuff. I don't think he is that original or thought provoking. But these are just personal opinions

Thank you.

Just as a FYI, you're replying to someone who has seen it a gazillion times and think QT is god so religion might not be too farfetched... :LOL:

*cough* the only QT movie i've seen was "From dusk till dawn" *cough*...

Did u also consider that one "not on par with the competition" as far as vampire and action movies go? :LOL: :rolleyes:

I don't think that that was an QT movie (though he contributed to the screenplay I think).

Edit:God I'm really anal about this sht lately, apologies for tht in advance.

notAFanB said:

I don't think that that was an QT movie (though he contributed to the screenplay I think).

Edit:God I'm really anal about this sht lately, apologies for tht in advance.

See, there u go... So now i have seen NO other QT's movie apart from Killbill1&2. And i'm the fanatical one about him?! The one who thinks he's a god?? Just because i happen to like KillFuckingBill a lot??.... :? :?

I havent even seen Pulp Fiction, since it doesnt interest me as a movie, and everytime i say that to people, they look at me strangely...
So there...

Stop comparing KB1 to KB2. It's supposed to be one single movie, not two separate ones. Vol 1 pays homage to samurai and anime flicks, while Vol 2 pays homage to spaghetti westerns and hong kong/chinese kung fu flicks. I'm a fan of all but but anime, so I look forward to buying the full boxed set when it comes out on DVD, and the meantime I'll see if I can't learn that cheesy cool Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

Also, stop comparing this movie to Matrix. That's like comparing apples to platypusses, there's just no point.

london-boy said:

Did u also consider that one "not on par with the competition" as far as vampire and action movies go? :LOL: :rolleyes:

Actually I thought it deserved an Academy Award and went to go see it a gazillion times without paying a dime ;) :LOL:

Hi Guys,

I actually walked out of the first movie due to the blood squirting every five seconds. I actually thought the movie was really interesting, and was well written but I just couldn't stand the constant gore. It reminded me of the various Mortal Kombat games where you've got about a gallon of blood squirting around everywhere after each move. It's kind of like swearing in a way. There is a place and a time for it, but if it's constantly used it makes the speaker sound like an idiot. Squirting blood everywhere makes the movie look equally as stupid.

Just for reference, I actually liked one apon a time in Mexico, which is a fairly gory film, but it didn't strike me nearly as bad as Kill Bill.

Nite_Hawk

I just watched episode 1 again on the plane home today and although I personally wouldn't quite say that it rates all the way up there with the earlier QT masterpieces, I'm still much looking forward to seeing part 2 here in Europe.

And as it happens I've been visiting Australia for the last month, and this thursday evening as I strolled into the hotel bar of the Wentworth in Sydney for my last night, I noticed David Carradine was sitting right there having drinks! I was floored ("OMG DON'T LOOK BUT THERE IN THAT CORNER") but alas the name didn't mean much to either my girlfriend nor my two colleagues, although they did vaguely recognise the face. Go figure. :)

That's so cool Florin! I wonder if he was there on business shooting a film or something...

Where I work I see celebs quite often. I also see lots of actresses/models too...mmmm yummy. ;)

Back