Just got Wisdom Teeth Out

When I got my 4 teeth out last year I had 12 Local injections and was a awake the entire time. Procedure took about an hour. After that the only pain killers I had were ibuprofen with codeine over the counter stuff. Felt absoultely no pain what so ever but I did take the meds at the times suggested rather that waiting to feel pain before taking them. No the less I was expecting a nightmare and ended up having a mildly unpleasent experience in the dentists chair and a slightly uncomfortable feeling mouth for a few days.

I've had all four of mine removed. They started causing minor jaw pain and I went ahead and got them all taken out before they started to cause any real problems. I actually know more people who've had them taken out then people who still have them.

I was completely awake while mine were smashed and then the pieces or however they did it were taken out. Pretty easy and actually I found it rather fun.

My recovery took about a week and then I was basically completely back to normal eating habits, etc.

Funny story about removing wisdoms. My best friend growing up had all of his removed, he was put under but woke back up half way through the procedure. That wasnt half of it though. on the way back home he couldnt feel his bottom lip and I guess started chewing on it, his mom didnt realize till about 5 minutes after he started and he had to go get his lip stiched.

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed a couple of months ago, one week apart. It took roughly one minute to remove a tooth.. the dentist gave me some pain killers and penicillin to eat a couple of days.. I ate the penicillin for one day and never touched the pain killers. Maybe I was lucky but the experience was not bad at all. was eating regularly a couple of days afterwards.

Back