Just got Wisdom Teeth Out

lol, I can imagine. Anyways, I took the second one, and I can see why these can be addicting. I feel fantastic! Like a state of sublime bliss, almost as if I was surrounded by a warm blanket! If it wasn't for the fact that I often feel like this normally, I could defenitatly see how a dependance could be formed (e.g. for those with high stress, depression).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you know this is the first time I've ever used something like this. I don't even drink caffine (no coke, no coffee and definitly no red bull). It's something of a novelty, but I won't let it get to my head. Anyways, it's sleepy-time now!

Oooh, Oxycocet is fun. You should be good thru the painful bit with it at least.

I'm more old skool, VicodenES for me for pain. ;)

Digi gets a painkiller:

Dentist: "So is it working?"
Digi: "I feel nuthin'."
Dentist (giving him another shot): "And now?"
Digi: "Nope."
Dentist (giving yet another shot): "And now?"
Digi: "Yep, now I feel REALLY good!"
alien.gif
bong.gif

Thanks for posting - quite interesting to read since I am currently having one of those "Wisdom Tooth Pain Train" days.

3 of mine have come through straight - upper right is absolutely fine while the two lower ones are either vertically impacted or still coming through... not sure exactly what the deal is. Upper left is coming out a bit sideways and chewing up my lower gum and cheek. Hurts like a motherplucker sometimes.

Why did you have them removed?

Because in the x-ray the bottom ones where clearly going to impact, and do so severely. There wasn't any room for the top ones either, although they weren't as developed. I don't have a very big mouth you see.

In the x-ray the bottom ones were like this:

Code:
          _
|""""""| / \_
|  __  |/   _\
| /  \ |\_ |
|/`\/`\|  \/
Another odd thing about these pain killers. Since they are opiates they over-stimulate the pleasure/reward centres of the brain. As a result, I must say changing my clothes has never felt so good, and taking a piss... just whoa... I think because I had already taken the first one, the effects of the two sort of over-lapped.

Code:
          _
|""""""| / \_
|  __  |/   _\
| /  \ |\_ |
|/    \|  \/

That is beautiful. You should send it to Guggenheim Bilbao.

I have a pretty girly jaw and though I don't think the teeth coming through will cause massive problems, they seem to be forcing the front incisors across each other. Will have to see what the dentist thinks in a couple of months.

These days, removing wisdom teeth seems to be far less common than it used it be. Don't see too many castrati mincing about either.

Thanks for posting - quite interesting to read since I am currently having one of those "Wisdom Tooth Pain Train" days.

3 of mine have come through straight - upper right is absolutely fine while the two lower ones are either vertically impacted or still coming through... not sure exactly what the deal is. Upper left is coming out a bit sideways and chewing up my lower gum and cheek. Hurts like a motherplucker sometimes.

Why did you have them removed?
Didn't you just answer your own question?

Also, it screws up your bite, etc. if your mouth is too small to accomodate the extra teeth.

Didn't you just answer your own question?

Maybe. Some people have them removed preemptively though; like tonsils.

I am not sure if this troublesome one will straighten up or not - hard to tell whether it's coming through at a squiffy angle or whether it's just displaced to one side slightly.

DudeMiester, I don't think anybody wants to know about your "pleasure experiments". :LOL:

DudeMiester, I don't think anybody wants to know about your "pleasure experiments". :LOL:

It wasn't an experiment. It was wholly unexpected, and I dare say annoying. I had to go, but because of my body's reaction, it would keep stopping. Took twice as long as normal to go. Anyways, it's the pain killer's fault I wrote this too. It lowers my inhibitions somewhat, not that I have any.

In any case, I appreciate that you appreciate my ASCII art.

i pulled my own lower right wisdom tooth a few weeks ago (in a meeting at work!)....been a little loose/sore for a couple weeks, i kept messing with it. woohoo, now i have a FREE tooth! kind neat. i may have it mounted.

anyone else pull their own?

i still have all the rest of mine.

Funny to read they call it also a Wisdom teeth, here in Holland we call it with a similar name, "verstands kies", which means the same.

The first one I lose was a peace of cake, 8 hours later as was already clubbing at a party in a local disco ;)
But the next three ones left gave more problems everytime and the last one keeps me even at home for half a day.

I also broke my jaw one time and my jaw(s) needed to put tightly close with iron :(
And this was done under complete anathesia, quite a funny experience once you fade away. But once you wake up, you get it damn cold.

As a result; 6 weeks no talking, liquid food etc.

After it was removed, I ordened my favorite meal but it was almost impossible to chew :D

Well, good health and recover :)

It's starting to heal now. You can tell, because it starts to itch, really, really bad. I feel like tearing my face out. ARG! It's so annoying! I don't want to take as much pain-killers, because I can't think so clearly with them, but if it gets much worse, I'll have no choice! Oh the itch!!!

I waited till my two wisdom teeth (tops - I was born without the bottoms) were further out than the other molars. Went in to the dentist, got a local and popped both in about 25 minutes. He gave my Tylenol (acetominiphen) for pain. Worst part was the first hours with gauze that made me want to gag. No real pain. It was kinda scary because the actual removal took less than 30 seconds for both teeth. The other 24 minutes was waiting for the local to take.

Mize - yeah I had my bottom 2 out under local as well. Like you I saw the dentist for a total of about 1 minute (plus I slowed her down because I wanted to see what the first tooth she took out looked like in the middle of the procedure). Then I got the bill which was like 2 grand (luckily i have insurance). This dentist would take in way more than my entire salary for a year if she just lined 60 wisdom teeth patients in an hour....

Dentist: highest (legal) hourly wage ever?

I think mine were like $400 but I'm in Cincinnati which is cheap. Insurance covered it too.

In Italy their names sound more like "judgement teeth", but in fact the meaning is some how the same as wisdom teeth: I've two of them out and staying fine, and it's a good luck since I'm missing many teeth already.

Well, mine is totally covered by insurance, but I had to pay ~$500 up front for the anathesiologist. I'll get it all back in a cheque later though.

Interesting thing happened this morning. I woke up in a significant amount of pain, so I took one of those pain killers. However, I can only guess it broke apart in my stomach, because I was so messed up I could barely stand. Then I was just trying reading the paper, but the words kept moving. :LOL: I went back to sleep for a few hours after.

Back