JP PS3 titles listing

Those garage shots are the GT5 level. The racing shots are the GT4 assets on an updated engine, IIRC. So we should be looking at the garage cars in game, unless they were extra-nice 'in garage' models similar to GT2's, which were far nicer in garage than racing. Whatever they represent, the actual game should look loads better than the racing scenes as that was a 'quick rendering engine' using old assets, and not a refined and optimised PS3 engine. Given GT's heritage I expect GT5 to look absolutely stunning!

It's called VisionGT b/c like GT2000, it's just a testbed using old assets. The TGS trailer did include two GT5 models, the RX-7 (3rd Gen) and the Lancer Evo. There are a few clips of both cars on track as well, not just the garage. It's no suprise that every scene with them ONLY shows those two cars and none other. So, maybe different engines, or maybe just trying to differentiate between older and newer models. GT5 is gonna rock hard. No question in my mind that it'll blow everything else out of the water once complete. And here's hoping for a 20+ car field like the trailer suggests.

The link provided shows the short version. There's still more shown after the MR-S exits that tunnel. PEACE.

Fast said:
You mean "PS Gamer" ? Dont trust him, he's a fraud. I remember reading that forum around E3 and he "confirmed" that Killzone was real time, well we know how that turned out. ;)

No you can trust "PS Gamer" on this one Nicked! And Fast that message board's information actually can from this website.

http://corybarlog.modblog.com/?show=blogview&blog_id=803056

Another crazy week of development has passed. We got the word from on high that we need to present our game to Sony worldwide reps at this big conference next month so the team is scrambling to put together a great presentation for that. I am going to be presenting the game to an auditorium of a couple hundred people, so that ought to be interesting. I wish we were further along so I had more to show, but I still think what we have is great so I am not too worried. The only tough thing is we had what amounts to about two weeks of advanced notice, so that is a tough one. This coupled with the finalizing of the script for our V.O. sessions that are beginning in a week or so has me running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

The big conference that starts next month is more than likely the Playstation meeting. This guy is also the Animation Director for God of War. ;)

So we can trust him.

So is there a date yet set for that Febryary Playstation event?
I mean shouldn't there already be a known date, if it's only a month away.
How do they suppose journalists from across the world can come to the event and attent to the conferences if they only get to know about the date a few days in advance?

mckmas8808 said:
No you can trust "PS Gamer" on this one Nicked! And Fast that message board's information actually can from this website.

The big conference that starts next month is more than likely the Playstation meeting. This guy is also the Animation Director for God of War. ;)

So we can trust him.

God of War... another game i got and played and i'm loving it, but after all the endless "game of the year" hype and all, i'm getting kinda bored with it... I think i'm quite close to the end though, and i admit i WAS pissed off at Sony taking out the pro-scan option on the PAL version, so that slightly changed my view on the game, unintentionally. Definately a good game, but at times it's so tacky and "cheaply shocking" i can't help but cringe.

mckmas8808 said:

So we can trust him.

Oh I know we can trust Cory Barlog, thats not an issue. I read a bit through PS Gamers post history though and I must say, although consistent he doesn't really seem genuine.

Which figures, since a site called ps3forums.com is not a place I would expect to find industry members hanging out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicked said:
Oh I know we can trust Cory Barlog, thats not an issue. I read a bit through PS Gamers post history though and I must say, although consistent he doesn't really seem genuine.

Which figures, since a site called ps3forums.com is not a place I would expect to find industry members hanging out...

Well if you combine what he says (hopefully he's not BS'ing this time) witn what Cory said I do believe that the Feb. event will be between the 12th and the 18th. Though it is weird that Sony hasn't said anything about it yet.

Back