Josh Robinson's blog on PS3/XBOX360

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeanoC said:
I'll stick with my previous comments, that there is nothing that we showed in the E3 demo thats not achievable at full framerate on the machine were working on.

I don't like nagging you guys, but any chance you could throw a new screen at us? I can't wait to check this game out in full detail.

Male menopause strikes poor Josh. Kutaragi-san dispatches his ninjas and it will be the last we hear of this bitch. :LOL:

Downinfront.tv, the site that has reviews of folloing quality:

If you like racing games, you need this game! The environments in this game are simply beautiful. The music is pretty cool, not as exciting as the music in Need For Speed Underground Rivals, but good enough for who it's for.

There is a loading sequence that is the original Ridge Racer game that in my opinion is awesome. Jason yelled at me when we were going to race and I fixated on that part of the game.

**** (4 Diffies)

Jason Writes:

Another Fun game with great graphics one of the better racing games out.

**** (4 Diffies)
Truly, that was their review as a whole of one game, all the other "reviews" are of similar quality, although many are a word or two longer :D
All their staff (all 6 of them) do seem to be some "professional 3D artists" or such, at least based on their bios on the site.

I wouldn't put much weight on their reviews if I was me, not even if someone of them worked with "high and low polygon production work" and even "developed video games for the PC, Portable Play Station (PSP), Playstation 2 and the soon to be released Playstation 3" at SOE (do high and low poly production workers actually develop games, or just produce art? Art is part of game development, agreed, but in my mind "developing" games has always been more of the programming or directing type, I could be wrong though as my understanding of english words and phrasing is limited).

Graphics artist and programmers are both actively developing different aspects of the same game. Technically those are their respective jobs too, its just that they're both currently working in game development, which doesn't make them game developers as such IMO. Except maybe at the biggest and very tightly structured studios, both parties will mix up and get at least some insight into how the other side ticks and how everything plays together though.

I guess the people most qualified for calling themselves game developers are probably the designers, producers, department leads and technical coordinators, as they're constantly communicating and getting input from all different teams and have the broadest perspective on things. That doesn't invalidate the perspectives of other parts of the dev team though, even though they might not have as much of a clue as they think... ;)

Nda?

I think lot of you forget he has write something like :
Sony Online Entertainment (the company i work for) is also creating a launch title for the PS3. We are also doing the Network Code that doesnt exist for the system yet.

i think with this only he's breaking NDA, worst, on a subjet (online) where MS want to put a lot of efforts...
I don't want to discuss the true in his statement.
What is sure ti 's that this guy is stupid and unprofessionnal... the dev here are far more smarter, they're defending their work, even sometime i feel like they 're keeping the hype hight.
But it's the bizness, on the other side we have at time interesting insider's view on game and bizness, it's fair, i think.
Plus some first party dev are very dependant from either MS or sony, they aren't big team and they want to keep their investissors happy.

Anyway this guy should have a brain attack, and don't care anymore for his future...

Last edited by a moderator:
xbdestroya said:
Of any of the things he expressed confidence on, he expressed the most confidence in the belief that he wasn't breaking it. SOE might have actively protected their people from signing NDA's as restricitve as SCE might have liked.

Given the chance that SOE might have signed different NDAs (less strict) makes me wonder how much information they're likely to have about the hardware at this given time. I'm guessing not that much, if they're NDAs are different.

On the whole though, I wouldn't be surprised if this post isn't for real but just from someone who stumbled across that profile on Sony's website and decided to do a write up about everyone else's opinion (as throw in a few things that doesn't take a genius to come up with).

I was looking to see if there were any more responses to that article in their forums, and it seems that both the article and the related forum thread are gone now.

Sis said:
I don't lend any credence to the guy, but I think it's interesting that you see two types of attacks in this thread: 1) discredit his abilities or 2) discredit parts of his information, since the il-logic would be if part is wrong the whole must be wrong.

There are only 3 possibilities, he's only seen the worst of the worst, he's outright lying and is not who he is, he's venting because he will soon be fired anyway or something like that. The latter two are likeliest, IMO. The half life 2 engine running on a state of the art top of the line dual core athlon chokes to single/below single frame just dealing with a few(like two scores)) of cloned(aka same object repeated multiple times)xbox 1 geometry lvl objects interacting with physics. Despite the help of a top of the line gpu for gphx.

The cell and cell alone is capable of dealing with dozens upon dozens upon dozens of similar but with what seems like higher geometry objects interacting with physics, while at the same time performing fluid physics, clothing physics(with the ability to tear and all), two different objects(ships with projectile physics), calculating all the gphx related stuff, and outputting it all at a high solid framerate while running at 2.4Ghz(ducks demo) and even performing eyetoy related calculations.

The code of that realtime demo is available to dev.s, no way everything's suddenly gone worse when you up the clock from 2.4Ghz to 3.2Ghz and add the RSX's help. His HL2 comment is a joke the Fight Night realtime demo, the Unreal realtime demo, the FF realtime demo, Heavenly Sword non-army, etc. All own it, heck we've even gotten to play Fight Night recently, and it even owns GoW, IMHO, so I don't see why he's expecting even half of that :LOL: .

Sounds like it's more the artist(s), not the hardware's fault they can't get good enough graphics out of the PS3. I mean the guy's virtually shooting his own foot.

Slay said:
I was looking to see if there were any more responses to that article in their forums, and it seems that both the article and the related forum thread are gone now.
All are gone now, maybe the guy too...

Fast said:
:LOL:

What did the deleted post say? :)

Wow, they disabled posting in general at the site...

A massive shit storm has hit those guys...this Josh guy may be (semi?)professional fighter, but there's no escaping those ninjas! ;)

:devilish:

Innards of the "PS3 review"

The whole "review" is the starter topic of this thread.

whats the big deal...

The hilariousness is not within his opinions but breaking developer NDAs and telling his employer "please sack me, I really want it at this point of my blossoming career".

:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back