Japan charts: Media Create 14 - 20 Mar

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
Japan charts: Media Create 14 - 20 Mar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software:
1. PS2 Phantom Kingdom (incl. ltd ed) - Nippon Ichi - 73,000
2. PS2 Dynasty Warriors 5 - Koei - 38,000 - 799,000
3. PS2 One Piece Grand Battle! Rush - Bandai - 37,000
4. NGC Donkey Konga 3 - Nintendo - 37,000
5. PS2 Ensnoozia - Konami - 31,000
6. PS2 Nana - Konami - 30,000
7. NDS Harvest Moon: Corobockle Station - Marvellous - 28,000
8. NGC One Piece Grand Battle! Rush - Bandai - 22,000
9. PSP Sarugetchu P! - SCE - 20,000
10. PSP Tales of Eternia - Namco - 20,000 - 131,000

Hardware:
PSP 43,644
PS2 40,270
DS 22,446
GBASP 11,013
GC 3,357
GBA 477
Xbox 345

BTW the LTDs are now
DS - 1,925,141
PSP - 1,062,372

unshamefully stolen from Gamingage

the price diffrence isn't there. Expect a price drop to 65$ for the gba sp and the gba to be phased out .

they sold out here before they were released , Same thing ds did and every other system i can ever remember seeing launch .

Game ratios suck however with twisted metal black , wipe out and I want to say metal gear but not sure.

Not really paying attention to the launch , trying to find a battery as my psps batter is bad i think (Damn free psp) not paying to much attention to launch as i wont get my free usa one for another month or so and thankfull i didn't work today haha

hey69 said:
cool, so you can send my over us psp games?

thanx in advance :p
huh ? haha . Yea from what i understand those 3 are the only titles close to selling out . And the accesory sell through is really bad , worse than the ds but it may be that there are more choices for the psp . Fastest going acessory are the kits that come with the 5$ case and the 10$ face plate kit selling the best.

On a side note i went in and picked up dynasty warriors . It arrived yesterday dunno why they can't sell it till the 25th. Its a pretty good game

Also don't buy memory sticks from gamestop they are so badly priced 128 meg for 40$ and its some no name company yuk .

well , I want to buy wipeout pure but over here an import shop asks 55 euro that's 73US$ !
i'l PM you later 8)

I've been hearing the dead pixel issue has made a come back for the American launch. Anyone have more first hand info about this? Also anyone here purchasing a PSP ie putting their money where their mouth is? ;)

And someone could send me an extra PSP :) Preferably a japan version, please. A us version will do too, but it would be great if somehow I'd get an euro version even though it's not yet released there must be some ready somewhere at Sony. Mr Kutaragi, do you read this?
There must be someone insanely rich reading these forums, for whom one PSP is nothing in budget.
I will not give anything back, I just want a free PSP, thank you in advance sir.
You'll get my shipping adress if you pm me.

PC-Engine said:
I've been hearing the dead pixel issue has made a come back for the American launch. Anyone have more first hand info about this? Also anyone here purchasing a PSP ie putting their money where their mouth is? ;)

From the forums i read there has been Pixel issues, as someone suggested, you should buy the PSP from a place where the store would do the exchange as it wasn't a given that Sony would.

He mentioned EBGAMES where he had to/could exchange his DS 8 times before he got a perfect version without pixel errors.

's what we're going to have to deal with with any machine that's got a marginally good LCD screen for the forseeable future. My friend's DS got lost in a Nintendo RMA limbo for over a month before he finally got his replacement. Needless to say he was NOT amused...

Gaming/video devices, though, are all going to be using higher-quality screens with more resolution and FOCUSING on picture quality, so... There are going to be a lot more people disappointed with any flaw. (No one cares of a pixel is dead on a machine that only displays text, for example...)

Now we all get to be curious what percentage of machine sales were immediately returned for screen issues. ;)

s what we're going to have to deal with with any machine that's got a marginally good LCD screen for the forseeable future. My friend's DS got lost in a Nintendo RMA limbo for over a month before he finally got his replacement. Needless to say he was NOT amused...
Wait it was lost for an extra month ? Or it took a month for it to come ? Because one month is pretty good time. Took me 2 months to get my gba sp back

PC-Engine said:

first hand info: 1 dead pixel on my launch date unit*. and which is worse, a non-functioning usb connection. back to futureshop tomorrow.

* the single dead pixel, even in the cental part of the screen, is not such a big issue as the pixel size is pretty tiny and 75% of the time you woulnd't be able to see it even if deliberatly sought to. in bright, still scenes though, it's clearly visible.

The PSP dead pixel issue isn't as much a problem about production as it is a problem about Sony's warranty policy. They've stated a tolerance up to something like 13 defective pixels before they consider the unit to be malfunctioning.

Lazy8s said:
The PSP dead pixel issue isn't as much a problem about production as it is a problem about Sony's warranty policy. They've stated a tolerance up to something like 13 defective pixels before they consider the unit to be malfunctioning.

how generous of them. you sure they didn't proclaim a tolerance of down to 13 functioning pixels left before considering the unit deffective? nevermind, at least i hope they consider the usb functionality essential to the operational state of the unit, or this is my first and last deal with SCEA.

darkblu said:
you sure they didn't proclaim a tolerance of down to 13 functioning pixels left before considering the unit deffective? nevermind, at least i hope they consider the usb functionality essential to the operational state of the unit, or this is my first and last deal with SCEA.
Of course, a PSP with a defective USB port is covered by the warranty, and will be exchanged.

The dead pixel tolerance policy is, on the other hand, quite bad from a consumer point a view.
Sure, from an economical point of view this policy is understandable since they're selling the unit at a loss and therefore they're cutting the corners when it comes to certain things.
But thoses economical realities shouldn't be a concern to the consumer.

Back