"It's Thursday and I'm TIRED!" thread.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I'm just feeling bone weary and wiped out, very low energy. It's taking a lot to get me going this morning, and once I'm going I'm not going very much nor very fast.

Is it just me or is it an extry awful/slow Thursday? (BTW-I HATE Thursdays, worst day of the week by far and half again. :? )

BTW2-The rest of the family is doing fine, it's just me dragging ass.

Think of it this way, someone has gone through the week after:
Sunday night out on the piss, came home at 2.
Got up at 7 monday morning.
Amazing, amazing sex monday night, got home at 2.30.
Got up at 7 tuesday morning.
Out on the piss again tuesday night, after the gym, got home at 3.
Got up at 7 wednesday.
Not so amazing, but still good sex wednesday night, after the gym, got home at 2.
Got up at 7 today.
Tonight, gym.

london-boy said:
Think of it this way, someone has gone through the week after:
Sunday night out on the piss, came home at 2.
Got up at 7 monday morning.
Amazing, amazing sex monday night, got home at 2.30.
Got up at 7 tuesday morning.
Out on the piss again tuesday night, after the gym, got home at 3.
Got up at 7 wednesday.
Not so amazing, but still good sex wednesday night, after the gym, got home at 2.
Got up at 7 today.
Tonight, gym.

That sounds almost exactly like my week, except for the gym and sex bit (replace those with going out on the piss).

:)

Oh, I was up at 6 :p I have had a semi constant headache all day, but I think thats because I've been taking caps that aid stubborn fat removal for the last few days (trying to get more cut ;)) and they have quite a lot of caffine in. Without them I tend to have no caffine at all.

Monday: up at 7, work till 5, gym till 8, cook dinners for rest of week.
Tuesday: up at 7, work till 5, Kendo till 9.
Wednesday: up at 7, work till 5, gym till 8, Kendo till 10.
Thursday: up at 7, work till 5, school until 9:30.
Friday: up at 7, work till 5, gym till 8, out till ?
Saturday: recover from Friday till ?, gym/Kendo from 5 till 8, out till ?
Sunday: recover from Saturday till ?, gym/Kendo from 5 till 8

Rinse and repeat...

(I can't believe I have been doing this since ~Aug or Sept)

I went to the cinema last night with a girl I met a few weeks back... worth missing the gym for, but it means ive only been twice this week :oops: l-b how do you do it?

sytaylor said:
I went to the cinema last night with a girl I met a few weeks back... worth missing the gym for, but it means ive only been twice this week :oops: l-b how do you do it?

Went yesterday, will go tonight, will go tomorrow before the party... and sunday...
Just a matter of what you do at the gym i guess. (We are talking about the gym, right...)
I have 2 programs, actually 4, one for pecs and triceps, one for back and biceps and the other 2 are for the abs. I do 2 programs each time, pecs and 1st abs or back and 2nd abs. Never repeat the same program two days in a row...
Keep things a little bit more interesting, and u build up quite well i have notived. Everyone noticed actually ;)

Well I'm doing better than I was earlier in this year when I was 12 and a half stone (remind me to send you a pic from donnington to illustrate my point). I have now gotten to the point where its clear I do work out, but only just... and if I go a few days without going to the gym (eg the weekend) it soon disapears.

On a 3 visit week I do

Day 1: 1x aerobic workout (crosstraining, rowing, running, cycling and stepper). Various ab excercises, mostly revoled around crunches. Then (push out style) shoulder/pecs/biceps

Day 2: 1x aerobic workout (crosstraining, rowing, running, cycling and stepper). Various ab excercises, mostly revoled around crunches. Then back/triceps/traps

Day 3: 1x aerobic workout (crosstraining, rowing, running, cycling and stepper). Various ab excercises, mostly revoled around crunches. Tehn (push upwards style)shoulder/biceps/legs.

Depending on what I did the previous week, if I only make it twice, the following week, I do the one I missed first. I don't really wanna give up the aerobic workout because i have stubborn small areas of fats that come back very quickly if I do. They don't change my shape but I do loose definition.

You do way too much aerobic exerecise, of course you lose the little muscle you build up quickly. Muscle mass also gets burnt up with aerobic exercise, not only fat.
Try targetting those "areas" with specific exercises with weights.

If i do more crunches/situps my legs will detach from my body :oops:...

I know about the aerobic thing, but I hate getting podgy round the edges.

sytaylor said:
If i do more crunches/situps my legs will detach from my body :oops:...

I know about the aerobic thing, but I hate getting podgy round the edges.

U're not gonna get fat if u cut the aerobic in favour of anaerobic exercise. i do NO aerobic fitness and i (and many others) am quite happy with the way my body is.
there is this misconception that aerobic training makes u burn fat more than weight training. Or that weight training doesn't make you thinner at all. It simply isn't true, as long as you do things properly.

london-boy said:
You do way too much aerobic exerecise, of course you lose the little muscle you build up quickly. Muscle mass also gets burnt up with aerobic exercise, not only fat.

Targetting 'those areas' will not get rid of fat on those areas, you cannot target fat loss, where you put on and lose fat is simply a product of your body type. Increasing muscle mass will help with losing fat as it increases the calorie requirements of your body.

[edit]
U're not gonna get fat if u cut the aerobic in favour of anaerobic exercise. i do NO aerobic fitness and i (and many others) am quite happy with the way my body is.

I think that is really a personal choice, why do you do excercise?
If it is to look good, then your regime is probably the way to go, but I (and I imagine others) do excercise to improve my health and to help me in the activities I enjoy (climbing, kung fu, mountain biking) all of which have large aerobic components as well. So I don't think it is wise to cut out aerobic completly.

[/edit]
CC

Captain Chickenpants said:
london-boy said:

Targetting 'those areas' will not get rid of fat on those areas, you cannot target fat loss, where you put on and lose fat is simply a product of your body type. Increasing muscle mass will help with losing fat as it increases the calorie requirements of your body.

CC

Targetting areas gives a shape on those areas, which, combined with fat loss, makes that area "fitter". This guy is doing something like an hour of aerobic training 3 times a week, and still has "troubly areas".... Means what he's doing is not right.

london-boy said:
Captain Chickenpants said:
london-boy said:

CC

Targetting areas gives a shape on those areas, which, combined with fat loss, makes that area "fitter". This guy is doing something like an hour of aerobic training 3 times a week, and still has "troubly areas".... Means what he's doing is not right.

True, but he is doing three lots of ab work a week as well, which should have added a fair amount of shape even in only a few months. I think it is more a case of needing to get rid of the fat than shaping the muscle underneath by this point. Increasing either aerobic or anaerobic will probably acheive this (simply upping calories used), anaerobic will probably help to keep it off longer as well, I was merely pointing out that you can't target fat loss and that his stomach is probably as toned as it needs to be.

CC

I do 20 mins of aerobic excercise per gym visit, I think I should make that clear, not a full hour. That means 1 hour in a week, which is about what is reccomended.

Back