It is like Hell here!

I think that the Gravitational pull of the Sun might be a teeny bit stronger than anything we can generate with a few atomic explosions. 8)

epicstruggle said:
Deepak said:
BTW, why arent we going further away from sun despite conducting thousands of nuclear explosions (tests)....these tests and resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun....or this energy isnt enough?? :?:
:!: :!:
Not sure if your joking or not, but if your not here goes:
First I would very much doubt that there have been thousands of tests. I think combined all nuclear explosions tests would be in the hundreds.
Second as much as it looks like alot of power is released, volcanoes release much more and we have had more of these.
Third I dont think we could effect the distance to the sun ourselves for many centuries.

later,

No of nuclear tests -

USA - 1030
USSR - 715
France - 207
UK - 45
China - 43
India - 6
Pakistan - 5

Earth must have moved a few feets away atleast!!

BTW, why arent we going further away from sun despite conducting thousands of nuclear explosions (tests)....these tests and resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun....or this energy isnt enough??

What logic are you using to assume that the "resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun."? Its not like the explosions were intended or designed to do so. Their just big bombs being tested. Indeed might as well say the explosions pushed the Earth closer to the Sun. Then we could blame Global Warming on it. ;)

Silent_One said:
BTW, why arent we going further away from sun despite conducting thousands of nuclear explosions (tests)....these tests and resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun....or this energy isnt enough??

What logic are you using to assume that the "resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun."? Its not like the explosions were intended or designed to do so. Their just big bombs being tested. Indeed might as well say the explosions pushed the Earth closer to the Sun. Then we could blame Global Warming on it. ;)

Why not just blame it on Kyle/NV/FM?

Deepak said:
No of nuclear tests -

USA - 1030
USSR - 715
France - 207
UK - 45
China - 43
India - 6
Pakistan - 5

Earth must have moved a few feets away atleast!!
I think that's more like moving a few feet "south" ;)

Well, in Rio, things get up to 46C in some places during summer... In winter, the average is 24C-27C (day)

We had some showers last night....monsoon has finally arrived in few parts of country...now we will have a different problem....FLOODS!!!

Regarding nukes....I was just thinking whether it could have slightly altereted Earth's path??? Just speculating!

Mod said:
Well, in Rio, things get up to 46C in some places during summer... In winter, the average is 24C-27C (day)

Rio means Rio-de-Jeniro!!?

But RDJ is located on sea shore (?)...then how can it reach 46C??

BTW, we have places where temp drops down to -60C or even more in winter (Drass/siachin glaciour in Jammu & Kashmir)....it is second most coldest place in the world and you know what Indian and Pakistani armies do have presence here....sometimes they shell each others' posts....but most casualities are not due to shelling/firing....it is becse of cold related ailments..!

Rio does get hot, not sure why i never went there while I lived in brasil. In campinas it did get that hot. Our summer here has yet to start. Its getting really depreassing.

later,

The past day or so its now started pouring like crazy here (certainly nowhere near what monsoon can pour though). Yesterday evening I couldn't even take my usual route home because there was such heavy rainfall that the fireguard had to start pumping away the water to prevent underpasses from flooding. Even had some water in my basement which I can't remember happening in like ... well forever! Luckily enough it was very little and there was a drain nearby to prevent any damage. Either way, the weather is pretty extreme around here lately, lots of sun, thunderstorms, rain, hail and then more sun - and that's just one day! :eek:

Deepak said:
Mod said:

Rio means Rio-de-Jeniro!!?

It´s Rio de Janeiro, and the abreviation is RJ, because de is a preposition. The name of the city, translated to english, means January River. We need a preposition to link those words.

It is up to that in hotter places of the city, where there isn´t much wind. In the beaches, it doesn´t go beyond 41C...

same situation as you up here in southern ontario epic, simply depressing.

odd thing is, I went up to blind river last week (near sudbury, moose country, far up north in canada) and the further up north we got the nicer the weather got. Up there it was sunny and 27C every day. In fact, as we were driving up highway 69 all we could see was this giant cloud hanging over southern ontario and northern michigan.

As I write this, courtesy of a solar panel and a very strong cell phone antenna, the temp up here is 30C and the sun is shining. In fact, the big fear right now in blind river is that the lack of rain is going to cause trouble for boating as per most people get to theyre house by boat.

I like to keep my room at a constant 18C, but my computer makes it much hotter.

Good news....temp has dropped here...its now around 42 mark... :LOL: .....but humidity has increased many folds and 42+humidity is an explosive combination...btw past few days have been extremey dusty...the whole sky looks redish...like MARS's...!

Wow! It has been raining here for the last 3 days.....weather is extremely good! infact it is raining in entire Indian subcontinent! :D

Ironically 2 people died in Barmer, a district in Rajasthan due to heavy rains, Rajasthan is basically a desert.....and it was drought affected last year!

Captain Chickenpants said:
Apparantly it is something about the leaves prevent them from detecting where a train is on the track.
Futuremark should use those against Nvidia's driver cheats...

Back