How is the weather at your place?

Overhere in Switzerland, Sunny but cold (0°C), which IMO is a nice change because we've had lots of snow and arctic breezes overhere, bringing down the temperature to -13°C in Zurich and -30°C in the mountains. Fabulous skiing & snowboarding conditions though. :smile:

digitalwanderer said:
TOO DAMNED MUDDY FOR WINTER HERE!!!! :devilish:

Looks like your dogs have been grazing. :D

The weather here (Bucks, UK) is currently "British", i.e. grey +intermittent drizzle.

Indeed. You're not far from me, if memory serves, and Sheffield is 'meh', too. It's 2 degrees outside and likely to snow later. Bleh.

At 0.2 degrees Celsius, Delhi gets its coldest day

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1593200,000600010001.htm

The national capital woke up on Sunday to the coldest day in over 70 years with a minimum temperature dipping sharply to 0.2 degrees Celsius.

Damn, it didn't go below 0, could have been in record books. :smile: Seriously, last night I was having problem in typing, I wasn't feeling like taking out my hands out of my jacket pockets. It was that cold.

Edit: I just wish that I get to see snowfall in Delhi in my lifetime, it has never happened here ever.

Argh, our heating has broken!!! Right before exams too. :cry:

I've discovered that an overvolted AXP and 9700 Pro running Prime95/ATT artifact tester under the desk all day can't keep my baby-making bits warm. System temp is 16C!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous!

I woke up this morning and it was winter, about 35F. Warm for this time of year, but nothing extreme. When I left to take my daughter to school at noon it was 54F out, I think it broke 60F this afternoon! :oops:

On a happy note, I got to wash the Z about 4 months earlier than I thought I would and it really needed it. :)

About the same here, this wheather is definetly not right. After last months gas bill though, I am glad that its warm.

Sinistar said:
About the same here, this wheather is definetly not right. After last months gas bill though, I am glad that its warm.
$595us last month!!!!!

Man, even during the worst of the cold months last winter we rarely cracked $400! :oops:

Its currently 63F. We're expecting snow in the morning, something serious but snow none the less. The very next day we're suppose to be back to the 60s. The following day will be a high of 30F and then back up to 50F.

I hate the weather here. I'd rather full blown blizzards than this shit, I love the Winter but this just seems like a slightly chilly spring...... Oh and I forgot to mention that the fall of 05, the average was about 85F...... Its seriously never been this hot, every year it gets warmer, less and less now and more extreme temperature variations. Over night snaps from warm to freezing and snow is not a good thing.

Hmm

- 20 Celsius in my town, Eastern Carphatian mountain range, 660 m altitude

I'ts been so for days, also foggy, 'cos we are in a valley.
I start to become tired of it ... :)

I checked the min/max values on my in/out thermometer at work, and the min-value were at -26ºC. Then I noticed that the out-min was at -36ºC, and -26ºC referred to indoor temperature. :oops:
Hmm.. I think it's time to switch battery in it.

For a more reliable temperature, a few hudred meters from my appartment:
http://www.frryd.se/termo/

At 7 AM this morning, it was -18 degrees Celsius.
Up to now, I think we've had mostly below -10 degrees. I believe this is the coldest day yet this winter, but the forecasts say it will drop to -25 tomorrow.

rabidrabbit said:
At 7 AM this morning, it was -18 degrees Celsius.
Up to now, I think we've had mostly below -10 degrees. I believe this is the coldest day yet this winter, but the forecasts say it will drop to -25 tomorrow.

And the wind is monstrous.

Man the coldest I have ever been in was about -23. It was -20 at Charlottes pass which is lower and far less exposed. I was in tracksuit pants but had a new fangled Gore jacket and a +1 degree Celsius rated sleeping bag but I did have 2 pairs of football socks lol. I got caught out in the open in a big storm on Mount Kosciusko, the highest hill in Oz. Froze my nut's off - but everyday!

that is an abnormal temperature in the Ozzie alps though - even in winter.

I've been snowboarding when it was snowing... with just a longsleeve under my shortsleeve.
was shivering on the ski/snowboard lift :D
once ya get goin it's all good though.

Hubert said:
Well, it does not seem the globe is overheating ... :)
Don't know, but in the last few years the winters here don't seem to have been the same they used to be. I don't have statistical data to back it up, but it feels we're getting much less snow and it's generally fewer very cold periods then there used to be.
Winters just don't feel like proper winter any more, it's as if we go from a cold wet autumn up to December to a slushy wet four months until spring.
I don't remember there being many those freezing sunny days with lots of snow when you can frolic butt naked in the pristine white snow... it's no fun when the snow is wet and muddt and the cold wind freezes you to the bones.

Back