It is like Hell here!

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Temp is going through the roof here in entire India...!

In New Delhi, yesterday's max temp was 45.6 C.....I am sure surface temp was even more....! (My CPU is 66C....mobo is 54C....) and it will be like this for atleast one month....in July monsoon will arrive and we will get relief!!!!

Similarly most of country is blazing.....many places have reached 50 C.....only hilly areas are under 30C....more than 1000 have dies due to heat strokes!!! :(

India is a peculiar country.....(unfortunately)...people die here in Summer/Winter/Rainy season....winter are harsh here (world's 2nd most coldest place is here)....monsoon results in floods (a place Cherapunji receives max rains in the World)....

Can anyone survive here??

How are things at your places...?

Ouch ! That sounds bad !

In Melbourne, Australia, if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 mins or so, you will get a different one. Four seasons in a day. :p

It was pretty warm over the weekend, up to about 27C which is quite warm for the UK.

Hmm, we have hospipe bans in the summer.
In autumn the trains grind to a halt due to leaves on the track (I am not kidding!)
In winter (if it snows) the whole traffic system is blocked.
In Spring some places get floods.

We have one of the most moderate climates in the world yet are unprepared for everything.

GreenBeret said:
Ouch ! That sounds bad !

In Melbourne, Australia, if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 mins or so, you will get a different one. Four seasons in a day. :p

Don't you mean 6 easons per day? Some of them are only unique to Melbourne. :LOL:

Captain Chickenpants said:
It was pretty warm over the weekend, up to about 27C which is quite warm for the UK.

If only we had such cold summer!!! :LOL:

In autumn the trains grind to a halt due to leaves on the track (I am not kidding!)

:oops: :oops: .....how is that possible??[/quote][/url]

I can believe that, leaves here in michigan can cause many accidents when people dont realise that they can add distance to your stopping distance.

later,

I hear these new things called, how you say, AIR CONDITIONING? are supposed to make the house... how you say, cooler?

Yes, of course! Why didn't all those millions of Indians who live in grinding poverty get themselves some air conditioning for their shanty town shacks?

Why didn't the idiots think of that before? :rolleyes:

Mariner said:
Yes, of course! Why didn't all those millions of Indians who live in grinding poverty get themselves some air conditioning for their shanty town shacks?

Why didn't the idiots think of that before? :rolleyes:

That was in bad taste!

You have never seen poverty I guess! ACs are not cheap in India by any means.....these poor people dont have the basic amanities like power/water etc....how can you expect them to have ACs??

Note that Mariners post wasn't in bad taste.
It was a justified sarcastic slam on "Don't Ask"s post (that was in bad taste).

Deepak, New York and the entire northeast USA would be happy to take some of those degrees C off of your hands. ;) It's been too cold and rainy here. I don't think we've seen five days of 70+ degree F weather here, and it's already June!

Basic said:
Note that Mariners post wasn't in bad taste.
It was a justified sarcastic slam on "Don't Ask"s post (that was in bad taste).

Oops! maybe I mis-interpreted his post!!! :oops:

Deepak,

Yup - it was sarcasm against Don't Ask's post - I even used my first-ever :rolleyes: smiley against him!

Here in the UK, we don't really have Air Conditioning (apart from some office buildings and hotels) - Central Heating is required more frequently!

45°C - ouch! We too have a pretty hot weather here at the moment, but not anywhere near that extreme. For that past week its been almost constantly sunny (except for a brief but pretty intense rainshower yesterday evening) and 27-30°C.

Gollum said:
45°C - ouch! We too have a pretty hot weather here at the moment, but not anywhere near that extreme. For that past week its been almost constantly sunny (except for a brief but pretty intense rainshower yesterday evening) and 27-30°C.

and some parts are touching 50ºC.....since last 1-2 week it has been like blast furnace....even at around 6 pm when you go out, the wind is so hot that you can cook your dinner....

I read an interesting article in a Swedish technology paper where they talked about the possibility to export some of the Swedish winter cold. Basically, the worldwide need for cooling is higher than the worldwide need for heating, so they figured the market is huge. Not sure how they planned to implement it though, maybe a fatass pipe flushing some snow down to southern Europe :)

I read somewhere that the increasing greenhouse effect....there are greater chances of earth witnessing another Ice Age rather than anything else....??

If we propel earth away from Sun by few Kms then everything will be allright!!! :LOL:

BTW, why arent we going further away from sun despite conducting thousands of nuclear explosions (tests)....these tests and resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun....or this energy isnt enough?? :?:

Deepak said:
BTW, why arent we going further away from sun despite conducting thousands of nuclear explosions (tests)....these tests and resulting energy should have propelled earth away from Sun....or this energy isnt enough?? :?:
:!: :!:
Not sure if your joking or not, but if your not here goes:
First I would very much doubt that there have been thousands of tests. I think combined all nuclear explosions tests would be in the hundreds.
Second as much as it looks like alot of power is released, volcanoes release much more and we have had more of these.
Third I dont think we could effect the distance to the sun ourselves for many centuries.

later,

Back