Is Federer's really that great?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Considering he has lost to Nadal in 5-6 (?) Grand Slam finals. How can he sort out Nadal, he is not getting any younger.

The guys achievements cannot be questioned, but the likes of Nadal and Murry are showing that maybe he isn't that great he just came along in a time when the competition was very poor and he was the best of that lot.

The guys achievements cannot be questioned, but the likes of Nadal and Murry are showing that maybe he isn't that great he just came along in a time when the competition was very poor and he was the best of that lot.

I'd say he was somewhat unchallenged only because he was vastly better but not because the competition wasn't good. Now we're seeing immense exciting talent in the sport.

Ah I should have bet some money on this match because all the people I knew were rooting for Federer. I have always liked Nadal as he is very exciting to watch.

That said I do feel bad for Federer. But only a tiny bit :LOL:

Anyway, whats the next Grand Slam after this? Is it the French Open? If so, barring no injury, I think Nadal has that one in his pocket as well.

I still think Federer is better on faster court. Aus open was resurfaced to become slower to create longer points. But Nadal really improved on his game. Just hope he stays injury free. Their matches are always great watch.

As someone not interested in tennis at all, I must say that watching Federer and Nadal play is pretty exciting.

Back