Is BestBuy out of their MIND!?

darkblu said:
ignore the trolling, just try answering the hidden question:

'what titles are scheduled following the launch window?'

How about not trolling in the first place, and make life better for everyone.

To the questions, I'm certain purchasers who take home PGR3, PD0, COD2 and Kameo will be busy for the next few months. That's more games than I'll be playing over the next few months, that's for sure. Sure they're not all "best games ever made", but they're damn good games, new system or otherwise.

PARANOiA said:
How about not trolling in the first place, and make life better for everyone.

To the questions, I'm certain purchasers who take home PGR3, PD0, COD2 and Kameo will be busy for the next few months. That's more games than I'll be playing over the next few months, that's for sure. Sure they're not all "best games ever made", but they're damn good games, new system or otherwise.

thanks for "answering" the question. anybody else?

darkblu said:

Condemned and King Kong are also looking like very solid titles. Condemned is averaging mid 8's and Kong is in the high 8's to low 9's.

Powderkeg said:
Condemned and King Kong are also looking like very solid titles. Condemned is averaging mid 8's and Kong is in the high 8's to low 9's.

thanks. i myself can add to those full auto, IIRC it should be scheduled for spring.

rabidrabbit said:
Seattle? Did MS assign some of their workers to wait in line? ;)

Don't know. But Bill Gates is showing up and they've got the largest allotment in the country.

That said, I've got to go hook my 360 premium up. :devilish:

darkblu said:

Splinter Cell 4, Fight Night 3, DOA4, Chrome Hounds, Ninety Nine Nights, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Fable 2, Enchant Arm, Jade Empire 2 for starters...

All expected in 2005/2006, some will probably slip to 07.

rabidrabbit said:
Seattle? Did MS assign some of their workers to wait in line? ;)

Kinda makes one wonder if some of the demand (hype) is manufactured and of those toughn it out gamers will get the shaft while X360 are being given away.

scooby_dooby said:
Splinter Cell 4, Fight Night 3, DOA4, Chrome Hounds, Ninety Nine Nights, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Fable 2, Enchant Arm, Jade Empire 2 for starters...

All expected in 2005/2006, some will probably slip to 07.
Hmmm.. it seems from that list that just because it's announced for a "next gen" console, it must be a great game.
For example 99 Nights, were it not for a new exciting console I think it would get at best mediocre reception according to what has been shown.
Most of the announced games are still very unknown quality, one could always say GOW, Lost Odyssey etc.. are sure to be good games because of the names behind them, but many of them might turn up not to be such titles a console is bought for and remembered by ("killer-apps")

I live in a dinky town and about 80 people lined up at Wal Mart for midnight.

at 1 AM I saw a good line already at Best Buy for 9 AM.

There was nothing like this for Xbox1.

I guess some people just dont want to admit a microsoft console is so highly in demand.

But trust me, any report from the field will tell you, demand is crazy high. It's ridiculous.

By the way, the Wal Mart was said to have 46.

I wanted to drive by the Best Buy line pointing at my 360 and laughing. Or perhaps better, offering it to highest bidder.

I bet youd get 700, easy, for the core.

I've seen a lot of system launches, and nothing approaching this.

I usually waltz into toys R Us at 10 AM and get one, no fuss whatsoever. Xbox1, Dreamcast, n64, etc. No way that's working this time. Everybody knows what every store has, seems like. I heard people in line talking to their buddy on the cell phone camping this store or that, exactly how many of each kind each store were getting, etc etc. I still did great though, only waiting from 9:30 pm at wally world. I'm just good at these system launches. Forget Gamestop pre-orders. What a scam.

One thing about Xbox1, there was also Gamecube around that time, that in effect delivered twice the supply. X360 is the only game in town.

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
Hmmm.. it seems from that list that just because it's announced for a "next gen" console, it must be a great game.
For example 99 Nights, were it not for a new exciting console I think it would get at best mediocre reception according to what has been shown.
Most of the announced games are still very unknown quality, one could always say GOW, Lost Odyssey etc.. are sure to be good games because of the names behind them, but many of them might turn up not to be such titles a console is bought for and remembered by ("killer-apps")

Well, technicaly, until the game is out and playable, it is really difficult to say if is good or not. There are several games with great potential, wether that will be realised or not is another question, who knows maybe even MGS4 could suck...

DemoCoder said:
The Target that I bought my XBox1 at on launch had around 50. But they didn't require you to buy some insane $700 bundle to get it either.

Blame Sony. No seriously. A lot of the bundle stuff started with the PS2. Then Sony decided to get in on the action and institutionalized it with the PSP.

If you are thinking that the PS3 launch will be different, I'm afraid you are mistaken.

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.

huh? At least here when the PS2 launched there weren't any bundles available, only the console, if you wanted to buy a game, controller, memory card... you just biught them separately.
It wasn't until next christmas after launch I think bundles started appearing in game shelves, those with some game already included in the PS2 box, and also advertised as "GT3 bundle" or something.
Same for PSP, only "bundle" that was sold was the "Value Pack"
Also xbox and GC were initially sold as just the console, no bundles.
But now the xbox360 seems to have 5 or so different bundles to choose. At least here the bundling wasn't widely introduced at launch until xbox360.
But that must be because we're communists.

Back