Is BestBuy out of their MIND!?

I had no idea Best Buy was selling only a $699 bundle.:oops:

Were they going outside and telling everyone camping that was the only price? If I slept there overnight then was forced to spend $699 instead of $299-$399 I would be very pissed.

DemoCoder said:
Microsoft clearly fucked up launch availability if stores have so few units that they feel they'll maximize profit by selling only super expensive bundles.

I'm waiting till spring'06 now.

You could buy the bundle and then a week later exhange the unopened games for something else I bet. DVD's, computer games, or whatever they won't care. Hell they'd probably give you a cash refund for them.

seismologist said:
I find it hard to believe that many people are lining up for a $699 bundle.

People are willing to pay more than that just for premium bundles on ebay so they don't have to stand in line.

If I remember correclty I said scarcity. This in itself means a restricted supply. So yes I agree supply is a problem. In fact just by reading my whole post you see that I believe this to be the case. So, I guess I don't understand where you were trying to go with that statement.

Are you responding to me? I am total capitalist and I see nothing wrong or illegal about what BB is doing. That still doesn't mean I can't bitch about it. Ditto for Walmart's lottery system.

There's a difference between something that is illegal or immoral, and something that is just downright annoying.

Ah... yes. The bundles.

The USD999 one has a gaming chair in the bundle.

I pointed at the sign (near the door) and laughed very loudly. Bought Socom for PSP and left.

Another friend bought 3 from CircuitCity to eBay. He won't be keeping any.

I just swung by the Best Buy in San Jose and sure enough there were about 10 people sitting out there waiting fo their $699 bundle. hahaha only 5 more hours to go...

so what will all those people sitting in alleys, store parking lots, etc gonna play once they get the toy? not even a halo yet. does anybody know what titles are expected by the end of the year/start of next? cause i can see lots of dust on brand new xboxen sitting under tv sets. some damn pricey dust, bought at a premium ; )

darkblu said:
so what will all those people sitting in alleys, store parking lots, etc gonna play once they get the toy? not even a halo yet. does anybody know what titles are expected by the end of the year/start of next? cause i can see lots of dust on brand new xboxen sitting under tv set. damn pricey dust, bought at a premium ; )

Do we really need this kind of trolling here?

Try sams clubs and bj's if they are out there. A bud of mine said most folks dont know that they are selling em and they have quite a few in stock nationwide.

Back