Is ATI going to make estimated EPS next week?

monkeydust

Newcomer
ATI reports it's quarterly earnings next Tuesday morning. Anybody got the inside scoop as to if they are going to exceed or fall short of the estimated earnings of .26 per share?

C'mon. I won't tell anyone. ;)

monkeydust said:
ATI reports it's quarterly earnings next Tuesday morning. Anybody got the inside scoop as to if they are going to exceed or fall short of the estimated earnings of .26 per share?

C'mon. I won't tell anyone. ;)
err, I dunno about per share or really anything about the stock market, but they said during their last CC that the next quarter (Q1 fiscal 2005, i.e. this one) would see revenue around $600 to $640 million, which is up over the record $572 million (iirc) in earnings they reported last quarter.

Yeah, that was the last CC though when they made those estimates. If things didn't turn out as well as they planned they may miss this quarters estimates, causing their stock price to plummet.

Don't want to see anything like what happened to NVIDIA in August when they missed their earnings by a mile and their stock price went from $16 to $9 overnight.

Yeah, a small-time investor. :p

NVDA got their price target raised to $36 by Morgan Stanley this morning.

ATYT is doing about nothing today. Most of its price targets have been around $25 for a while now yet it is priced under $20 right now. Not sure if ATYT was able to get enough chips made to meet demand this last quarter to meet EPS.

If that bank is right you have nothing to fear. It seems you only have to fear that they just could not produce enough for the demand:
Tuesday, though results will be capped by capacity constraints; about $20 million to $25 million upside was "left on the table" due to capacity problems at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing

They missed revenues but EPS was about where it was supposed to be. They noted supply difficulties and being light in the AGP market as main reasons. They estimated next quarter's earnings to be better than previously thought.

Damn, I was planning on retiring today too! :p

Actually, after a disappointing drop, I bought in again and things are starting to rebound. It might turn out to be an ok day after all.

monkeydust said:
They missed revenues but EPS was about where it was supposed to be. They noted supply difficulties and being light in the AGP market as main reasons. They estimated next quarter's earnings to be better than previously thought.

Damn, I was planning on retiring today too! :p

Actually, after a disappointing drop, I bought in again and things are starting to rebound. It might turn out to be an ok day after all.

I wish them the best, but it is nice to hear that they recognize being "light" in AGP is hurting their revenues. Now if they'd just do something about it. . . but then they might decide that window is closing anyway, so why do "too little too late"? I hope not tho. . .anyone seen a credible estimate for when PCIe will exceed AGP in the installed base?

I can't tell you about ATI, but I can tell you that the Florida orange crop report was intercepted, so when Duke and Duke start buying like crazy, don't follow them! ;)

geo said:
anyone seen a credible estimate for when PCIe will exceed AGP in the installed base?
Well, ATI obviously didn't make a good prediction on this one. They jumped the gun a bit on their transition to PCIe. I would think that by mid year 2005 that most of the new mobos will be PCIe.

You win, cthellis42. Here's your dollar. -->$1

monkeydust said:
geo said:
anyone seen a credible estimate for when PCIe will exceed AGP in the installed base?
Well, ATI obviously didn't make a good prediction on this one. They jumped the gun a bit on their transition to PCIe. I would think that by mid year 2005 that most of the new mobos will be PCIe.

You win, cthellis42. Here's your dollar. -->$1
Most new OEMs are PCie. So i think they hit it dead on. I had no problem buying 5 differnt AGP X800s from release to sept. But i have friends who did, luck? There was a AGP for the retail market shortage, RAM shortage. And the lack of AMD PCIe MBs. They still made money.

They have more or less full AGP line-up (with one problem being GF6600/GT AGP which wasn't in retail that quarter). Why would they blame PCIE?

Back