iPod mini or Zen Micro?

Creative makes their devices with removable/replaceable batteries.

Apple requires them to be serviced to be replaced.

Mintmaster said:
Maybe I missed something, but what issues? I heard the new iPod mini that came out recently has a 18-hour battery life.

18 hours? Wow. Just to be sure, I'd wait for it to go through a standarized run down test like I believe CNet does. But wow.

Ty my 20 gig is supposed to get 12 hours but if i just put a play list on and leave it , i can get close to 13 hours . I get about 9 hours though with the itrip on . I would tend to believe apples numbers of course the backlight will lower battery life

jvd said:
Ty my 20 gig is supposed to get 12 hours but if i just put a play list on and leave it , i can get close to 13 hours . I get about 9 hours though with the itrip on . I would tend to believe apples numbers of course the backlight will lower battery life

Well, what I mean is that Creative can say X and Apple can say Y. But until someone (like CNet) conducts some standarized run down tests, we really can't say that the Apple or Creative lasts longer.

Ty said:
jvd said:

Well, what I mean is that Creative can say X and Apple can say Y. But until someone (like CNet) conducts some standarized run down tests, we really can't say that the Apple or Creative lasts longer.
true , i sugest he goes to bestbuy and trys both . Or compusa they will normaly have a demo unit . See which you like. I really like the ipod click wheel and i got mine for free... so i can't bitch

Those times are always "best case", what I know of iPod mini is like 12-13 hours without backlight and so on with medium volume. So I guess my Zen will do 7-8 hours, since it says 12.

Should be arriving tomorrow, I'm really eager to know if it's any good.

The Zen Touch has 24 hours of battery life. Most reviews were getting 20+ hours out of it. Pretty impressive.

jvd said:
[I really like the ipod click wheel and i got mine for free... so i can't bitch

Yep, the wheel is 10x better than the interface for the Micro.

Also something I don't really care about, I'll start it in the morning and let it run till the battery's empty :)

Ty said:
Mintmaster said:
Maybe I missed something, but what issues? I heard the new iPod mini that came out recently has a 18-hour battery life.

18 hours? Wow. Just to be sure, I'd wait for it to go through a standarized run down test like I believe CNet does. But wow.

If you want battery life, then IAudio is the only game in town currently. I get ~35 hours with my M3L.

Aaron Spink
speaking for myself inc.

Got it. I love the sound quality. Touchpad is not really that bad, I can live with it.

The best thing, this was a "special edition", that being a replacement battery in the package for free! Cool... :D

Back