Invisible Pc in network?

[Brick_top]

Newcomer
Hi.. I recently installed a wireless router for the two computers I have at home, but I'm having a problem setting up the connection between the two, they can "see" each other.. but I can't seem to be able to share any files, and there is something weird (I guess) happening in one of the computers..

when I click the little 3 computers icon I get what shows in the following image:

Nothing appears. Shouldn't there be my shared folders?

this is only happening in one of the Pc's

Thanks...

Do you use the same username and password on both computers? If you don't use a password, you should. And there is no firewall blocking things?

I hardly ever use the network neighbourhood to find a computer. Normally I know the IPs and names of all of them and just type "\\<ip>" or "\\<computer name>" in explorer's address bar. If that doesn't work you'll know for sure it's a connection or firewall issue.

i know this isnt helpfull and i hope you dont taje offense, but wireless without knowing what you are doing is just call for trouble.....
there are so many reports that even major corps with (urm...hmmmm...good?) IT support have their WIFI networks wide open....

if your comp are not that far away, stick with cable..... ;)

I'm sorry for not replying sooner.

My other computer is one floor down in my house, anyway I "solved the problem" by formatting and installing again.

Are they both in the same workgroup? If not than I believe you'll have issue finding each other. Also I think you should run the network setup on one of the PCs or something....I think I had this problem a while ago..but now anything I add to my local network gets integrated seamlessly.

EDIT: Just read you post...LOL..yeah..I wonder what the issue was though...

Back