Interesting Xbox 360 e3 predictions from 8-bit joystick

Rangers

Legend
I believe this is the blog that "broke" the bungie leaving MS story and also had that interesting/damning "insider" interview with the ex-MS enployee about RROD. And also has been a source of tons of info about 360 motherboard revisions.

Take into account this blurb in MS May NPD PR also

Xbox 360: E3 bound

* Last month we showcased an all-star lineup of games including “Gears of War 2,” “Fable 2,” “Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts,” “Viva Piñata 2,” and “Too Human.” We still have quite a few aces left up our sleeve; see you at E3 next month!

Some of the 8bitjoystick predictions with comments:

60-Gig Hard Drive Replaces 20-Gig Hard Drive in Standard 360 pack
Chance at E3 : 100%
Also they are probably going to drop the price of the 120-Gig Hard Drive. They have been working on a 60-Gig HD for a while now and it even was accidentally showed off in Tokyo a long time ago.

And here I thought this had gone to false rumor land..

$30 Price Cut for Xbox 360 hardware
Chance at E3 : 95%
They have a newer cheaper motherboard hitting the market in September and Shane Kim said that Nintendo might not always have a price advantage over the Xbox 360. That means that we might see a price cut in the US that is at least 30 buck off the 30 line to push the Xbox 360 Arcade SKU to the Wii’s price point.

I think it will be greater than $30 if it happens..

Xbox Live Gold Membership Price Cut
Chance at E3 : 75%
They are probably not likely to make it free but I could see them really pushing the heck out of their Xbox Live Gold service by making it cheaper. Especially if Sony ever ships Playstation 3 “Home”.

No way I see that happening..

"Newton” Motion Sensitive Flying Mouse Controller Unveiled
If they are going to start selling it this year they need to show it off and build a buzz soon enough. Likely games to use it: Banjo 3, Gears of War 2 and “Ninja Blade

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping the 20GB makes a lot of sense. I can see people moving to a new (more quiet?) machine later this year because of that too.

Also, the dash tool for 'transferring' your marketplace stuff to another machine is almost out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Newton” Motion Sensitive Flying Mouse Controller Unveiled
If they are going to start selling it this year they need to show it off and build a buzz soon enough. Likely games to use it: Banjo 3, Gears of War 2 and “Ninja Blade

Star Wars: Force Unleashed ?

My predictions:

- 30$ price-cut for arcade, 50$ for 20 gig model (until supplies last) and 50$ for 120 gig model (until supplies last)
- 60/120 gig model with wifi priced at 350$(temporarily) and 400$ until 20 gig model vanishes. Cut 60 gig mode price by 50$ also later (maybe before xmas time).
- If real, they introduce this motion-capture device
- Some old games missing in MS games day and teasers for some new games coming 2009
- Street date for Fable 2

Back