Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2018-2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for long on mainstream platforms though, starting with AM5 everything comes with basic iGPU. Dunno about HEDT though, it might go without iGPU in future too.

Which is great, but I'll still be using the 1600x and 3700x for quite a long time as they are perfectly capable CPUs. The i5 2500k is likely to be retired soon with the 1600x replacing it. Which still leaves me with the need for a low power discrete GPU that is passively cooled that has modern media hardware acceleration. Obviously pretty niche, I know, but I'm only talking about my personal requirements for some of the GPUs that I'll be buying over the next few years.

Regards,
SB

I too thought there was only one DG2, though I guess having the 128 EU chip with only 25% of the execution units enabled would be really odd.

Who is the 128 EU part for, then? Is it a replacement of DG1 to keep company to older CPUs?

I think "Arc" falls into the snappy but easy to miss, trap. Geforce and Radeon both act as phoneme-sequences that are never normally encountered, so they "stick out" as earworrms.

The wait for the Fiery Phoenix each episode was almost unbearable.

Then there was this:

No idea if anything like that got to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back