inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

That Suckerpunch guy had me in stitches during the presentation. Me and my buddy were both wondering whether he was on the right stage at first. I almost expected him to go all Ice T on the audience, shouting Fuck The Police! Intense dude was intense.

yup! I was like 'Why is he pitching for WatchDogs ?' Lol !

After superb gfx of Infamous2, I have high hopes from this one. Although I enjoyed Infamous 1 more than the second.

Same here. Infamous 2 sorta lacked all those unique Wow-moments the first one had, like the eerie first boss battle, or climbing that towering trash heap.
I already like that Second Son dude more than Cole, though. Interesting premise too.

i am hoping to see gameplay at E3 but i have a feeling that E3 will be all 'kinect capabilities' focussed with a few teasers for hardcore games.

I am willing to bet money that we'll have gameplay at E3. DriveClub and Infamous Next are probably already playable, but they just don't want to show it yet.

While to me the new kid is less bad then Cole, he is still in the douchy side. I feel like the creative direction in Sucker Punch is a little too goofy. Those characters look like something out of the 90's "Dude with 'tude" mentality. I mean, what dumbass would wear a huge chain in their fist like that? Some skinny 16 highschooler wanting to look both tough and stylish at the same time? Sure, but I don't want to play as a shithead like that.

Probably too much to ask for i2's user generated mission tool ? It would be amazing with all these new found power and memory.

Very HQ version of the trailer can be found on Gamersyde. Some parts have visible aliasing, but others are insanely detailed.

Very HQ version of the trailer can be found on Gamersyde. Some parts have visible aliasing, but others are insanely detailed.

So is it rendered in-engine or CG because the main character animation is pretty awesome. Unfortunately there was a bit of "Uncanny Valley" happening in the last closeup:)

While to me the new kid is less bad then Cole, he is still in the douchy side. I feel like the creative direction in Sucker Punch is a little too goofy. Those characters look like something out of the 90's "Dude with 'tude" mentality. I mean, what dumbass would wear a huge chain in their fist like that? Some skinny 16 highschooler wanting to look both tough and stylish at the same time? Sure, but I don't want to play as a shithead like that.
I agree. I was already upset at playing a douchebag in DmC and now the new infamous seems to have one. While I respect the technical achievement of suckerpunch and all the great gameplay, having the main character as a street punk kinda ruins it for me. I think they really need to work on their characters in order to be very successful. It's the only thing holding them back since they seem to excel at everything else.

I agree. I was already upset at playing a douchebag in DmC and now the new infamous seems to have one. While I respect the technical achievement of suckerpunch and all the great gameplay, having the main character as a street punk kinda ruins it for me. I think they really need to work on their characters in order to be very successful. It's the only thing holding them back since they seem to excel at everything else.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that SP will be much more conservative and 'family friendly' than DmC was... SP doesn't strike me as a developer that strives to be controversial at all, based on their history and the history of SCEWWS.

I bet they are even obligated to make characters which are not risque as to offend as per some Sony guidelines to represent their brand, I wouldn't be surprised.

*recalls DmC's f-bomb exchange.... Now that was jarring, for me at least.

The funnier thing is that Sony ended a relationship with NT, making this topic more fun lol. I wonder if NT and SCE directions diverted too much after Heavenly Sword and contributed to the split.

The best thing for me in the new dmc was dante. I also thought the swearing was very realistic considering the situations he was in and his upbringing.

Based on the mission editor and the more action oriented "parkour" style gameplay (versus more stealth / QT in games like AC) I have been interested in Infamous. What are the bullet points for the new game? More traits, new weapon play, coop, ?? Btw the video looked very nice; my guess was in-engine cinematic angles--I hope the end product lives up to what they showed as it looked nice.

(I am biased based on location.)

Well I think the biggest change was having a new main character.

His new ability is the turning into smoke which is pretty cool.

Cole never had any similar power in Infamous 1 or 2.

Back