In Loving Memory of the Best Guard Dog Ever!

covermye

Newcomer
Tonight at 9:00 PM, I held my best friend in my arms as he took his last breaths. Kramer was born on 3/8/97 and died today, 5/13/03.

We did everything together. Kramer was the most loving dog in the world to me, my wife, and our 3 year old daughter. His only problem was his dominance and aggression with strangers and other dogs, which was becomming an increasing problem as his arthritis and joint problems got worse.

It's so hard to understand why a dog who is so calm and loving to us, and allows a 3 year old girl to climb on him, pull his ears and jowls, and use his tummy as a pillow as they watch TV, would be so hateful and aggressive to strangers.

After a couple of bad experiences yesterday, I decided last night that it would be Kramer's last night with us. A veterinarian friend of ours came over and helped us make him comfortable and finally go to sleep for good. I'm 28 years old and this was by far the saddest day of my life.

Those of you who haven't had a dog or been as close to a dog as Kramer and I were probably think I'm retarded. Those of you that have had a companion like Kramer, though, know how sad it can be to se him go.

Thanks for the love and companionship you gave us for 6 years, Kramer!

-Chris

Kramer1.JPG

Kramer2.JPG

Kramer3.JPG

I just lost my 13 year old dog that i have had ever since i was 5. She was my best friend as a little kid, but later in her days she all but completely lost both her sight and hearing as well as most of what little mind she had (dalmations arenth the smartest but they are very sweet), on top of that she had severe arthritis and minor cancer plus many more ailments. But she's still here with me, I can tell.

Back