I'm planning on building a system, and I have a question about Vista 64.

I.S.T.

Veteran
I'm hoping to go with Vista 64 as I want to stick four gigs of ram onto my system(Or at least be able to in the future). It's been a long time since I read about vista 64, however. The last time I heard anything about it was back in March, and I was wondering if there are any issues with it I should keep in mind before I make my purchase.

Double-check that all the hardware you want to run and use has Vista support (x32 or x64). There's been a few slack mfgs who haven't released Vista drivers at all -- most notably some older printers. Some other mfgs were sloppy in their drivers and had issues when running with 4Gig or more. That seems to be resolved now (Creative XFi). If you're building a new system with recent parts, you shouldn't have a Vista x32 or 64bit related issue. I'm running 8Gigs in mine.

Double-check that all the hardware you want to run and use has Vista support (x32 or x64). There's been a few slack mfgs who haven't released Vista drivers at all -- most notably some older printers. Some other mfgs were sloppy in their drivers and had issues when running with 4Gig or more. That seems to be resolved now (Creative XFi). If you're building a new system with recent parts, you shouldn't have a Vista x32 or 64bit related issue. I'm running 8Gigs in mine.

Thanks. All of the components were released 2006-2007 except for maybe the ram, so I have nothing to worry about. :D

I do have another question. Is this a good PSU?

I looked up the company's products on the web, and tried to find a review for that exact model, but I was unable to find one. I did find some people talking favorably about some of the PSUs in that line, however.

Back