I'm getting antsy with X360

As technology advances the obvious graphical leap is going to become less and less noticeable.

Going from PS1 with 320x250 with no filtering and nasty blocky textures to something at 640x480 with a lot of cool graphical tricks was a huge jump, but anyone expecting that kind of improvement again is just kidding themselves.

When ever i show one of my mates a screen shot of a game or a picture from a magazine which looks amazing to me, they will say they don't see much difference, people could see the difference before but now it's less obvious.

The only game that has got me excited this gen so far has to be Blue Dragon, that to me was on the verge of CGI.

It human nature to find flaws and the more spoilt we get the more we expect.

Just saw some video from Ghost Recon :AW on c´xbox360, and I must say I'm 100% more impressed now than I was when I'd just seen screenshots.
True, it might lack the "shiny shine" and "bumpy bump" that would give it the advantage in stills, but in motion it looks so much better.
The game might not look too hot on cramped areas, but when you get to see the city like for example in the helicopter, it looks amaazing.
I'd say that was the first moment I felt a game was "next gen" when I saw that.
Until now I've been extremely underwhelmed by xbox360 graphics, but the GRAW video ensured me the xbox360 indeed is capable of true next gen games, that it's not quite just the xbox1.5 it has given the impression thus far, and that the launch games have been very rushed and thus really not representing next gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back