I'll wager after war UK and US come out smelling like roses!

Sabastian said:
The government could pull funding on this organisation I am sure. But this won't happen because for the most part this organisation gives the sorts of statistics the government wants. On what stats do the government want to hide this organisations numbers? (EG.The rise of STDs in your country?) What is the governent trying to hide?

I would call this paranoia.
A small amount of scepticism is generally healthy, but I would trust this Danish statistics organisation without doubt. We have the same system in Sweden, a independent but government funded statistics bureau that keeps track all kinds of statistics. The track record of these organisations alone should be enough to trust them, plus the organisations has nothing to fear. Would the government pull the plug it would not pass unnoticed.

Humus said:
I would call this paranoia.
A small amount of scepticism is generally healthy, but I would trust this Danish statistics organisation without doubt. We have the same system in Sweden, a independent but government funded statistics bureau that keeps track all kinds of statistics. The track record of these organisations alone should be enough to trust them, plus the organisations has nothing to fear. Would the government pull the plug it would not pass unnoticed.

Regardless of what you would call it the matter is definitely something any intelligent human would question being a state funded organization. BTW I don't know their track record and was simply inquiring into the matter read other post after the one quoted. It would be foolhardy to never question the legitimacy of the statistics in question. In fact they ought to be scrutinized at all times to ensure that the organization is not being payed off by the government.(lol) Stats are used to create policy or is it policies need stats in order to be implemented?

Sabastian said:
Heh, too bad no one took me up on my wager.

But the UK and US haven't come out of it smelling like roses. ;)

Plus... not exactly over yet, is it?

MuFu.

MuFu said:
Sabastian said:
Heh, too bad no one took me up on my wager.

But the UK and US haven't come out of it smelling like roses. ;)

MuFu.

While the matter is not over and I would still .... even more so wager that they do each day that passes seems to bring that likelyhood to an even greater reality. Wanna bet?

Back