IGN on 360 and PS3 versions of MLB2K7: "So much for spending $600 dollars".

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sports.ign.com/articles/757/757962p2.html

3. "Other Differences Between the PS3 and 360

The 360 version simply looks better. The colors pop. The animations, at this point, run smoother. So much for spending $600.

To top it off, while full 30-man online leagues will be available on the 360, right now the PS3 plan is for up to 12-man leagues (although the team is pushing hard to get 30-man teams in the PS3 version as well, but it might be too much to ask).

What do you get if you're a PS3 owner? You get the ability to swing your bat by pushing the controller forward in a motion like you're sliding the soup back to the waiter because you just found a fly in your minestrone. First swing I took with the PS3 controller, I hit a homerun. Does that mean it's too easy? We'll wait and see, but something like this, in my opinion, would be better off left to the homerun derby. If you're preaching authenticity, it seem contradictory to then all of a sudden tell people that they have hold the controller flat out in front of their body then push it forward to swing. At least when you're playing Wii Sports, you're swinging the controller like a bat. Here, something about the experience just seems awkward. You can keep the soup."

"One thing about location and gameplay that's missing on the PS3, though, is the ability to feel the location of your pitches through the rumble. Obviously, there is no rumble on the PS3 controller, so how are you supposed to hide your location from the batter by using the rumble to know when you're out of the strike zone? IGN's own Hilary Goldstein brought this up during the demo and it was something I never even thought about before, but he's right. PS3 owners are going to have a hell of a time hiding their pitch location in 2-player contests unless 2K comes up with a new way for pitchers to know when their moving out of the zone."
Goddamn :LOL:

Basically the graphics, animation and framarate of the 360 version are better, while the missing rumble feature hinders gameplay somewhat. The use of the SIXAXIS is also awkward.

So much for spending $600 dollars?

So when a game is not really good on the PS3, it's SONY's fault? So multiplatform games are now the official measurement for a quality gaming machine, and whether it's worth purchasing?

C'mon, that comment had 'stupid' written all over it!

So much for spending $600 dollars?

So when a game is not really good on the PS3, it's SONY's fault? So multiplatform games are now the official measurement for a quality gaming machine, and whether it's worth purchasing?

C'mon, that comment had 'stupid' written all over it!

Listening to the echo from the dev's has routinely been "Dev tools." So if the Dev tools are the weak point of the PS3, for cross platform games,which majority of the games this gen likely will be, clearly the dev's will flock to the 360 for their primary platform. Couple that with a much large customer base, Sony has to really shine above the 360's Dev Tools to get the devs to do a proper job. Right now they're coming under thus the above and other such examples are showing the proof of those echo's.

Joke of the day "oh look I paid $600 to specifically play MLB2K7 on my PS3"

As for the game being so crap, yes Robert thats "lazy" dev work. Thats exactly what you described up there

Listening to the echo from the dev's has routinely been "Dev tools." So if the Dev tools are the weak point of the PS3, for cross platform games,which majority of the games this gen likely will be, clearly the dev's will flock to the 360 for their primary platform. Couple that with a much large customer base, Sony has to really shine above the 360's Dev Tools to get the devs to do a proper job. Right now they're coming under thus the above and other such examples are showing the proof of those echo's.
Yeah, that makes sense. But multiplatform games is certainly not the best tool to determine whether the PS3 was/will be a good purchase. Plus I *think* exclusive dev's work alot harder at taking advantage of that consoles ability than say a multiplatform game dev would.

But anyways, my main point was that this game reviewer argued the validity of a PS3 purchase based on the quality of a multiplatform title!

the headline is kind of silly.

It should read, "so much for spending 100 dollars" ($100 more to get 20gb PS3 vs Xbox360 with a hard drive)

I don't see big media outlets talking about "400$ game" or or "250$ game" or whatever quantity of money seems adequate whenever they review something for a different platform. We all know what the pricetag of the PS3 is by now.
By all means, bummer for that game. But for the reason given above it would be only fair if the many variations of "600$ game" drop out of journalism, into a deep trench.
How many posts do I need before I can start docking idiot trolls like the OP?

the thread title is way too biased, it's like finalizing a console soley based on one title.

That's to be expected by undercover cop,the guy/woman is a notorious sony troll-This is one of atleast 4 dif message boards (that i know of) where he/she constantly bashes sony -I never understood ppl with an alliance towards a video game machine,and a massive hatred for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back