IGN GRAW2 Hands-on, pics, and vids.

22psi

Veteran
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/754/754176p1.html

IGN hunts with ghosts. First impressions, new screens, and first in-game video. Oh yes

...To be honest, its looks are a little deceiving. The visual improvements are subtle on one level, huge on another. At first look, you'll initially see very little. The character models are slightly more detailed and the vehicles all look decent, but if you look closely at the environment textures, you'll see a marked difference. The variety and detail is impressive. The first couple levels I played didn't really show off the changes I had hoped to see. By looking closely, improvements in shadows (you'll see full, complete shadows), transparencies, and a torrent of special effects (heat blurs, lens flares, particles, animations) will slowly show themselves....

:oops: The screenshots don't do the game justice. The amount of action on screen is insane. The new explosion effects are great and they really seem to have cleaned some things up (framerate already looks stellar, some of the shadow jaggies look resolved... some Vsync here and there though). It looks like a nice bump up from GRAW and doesn't look like a simple "GRAW with new content". I hope MP has received a lot of love.

Maybe they've changed but I have the opposite reaction to posters in this thread. The vids underwhelmed me after the pics had me psyched.

The explosions in the one vid were cool though. But all the vids were too dark to see detail.

It's quite reasonable, of course. It just stuck out so prominently to me. Now that I think of it, engine and motor should be more or less interchangable. It's odd how they aren't when used as metaphors.

And that lady kinda scares me.

It's quite reasonable, of course. It just stuck out so prominently to me. Now that I think of it, engine and motor should be more or less interchangable. It's odd how they aren't when used as metaphors.

And that lady kinda scares me.

does she get you scary excited? ;)

Any woman who can talk technical (and understand what she just said) is a rare find indeed. ;) Nice that they got that smoke-that-doesn't-intersect-the-fabric-of-virtuality in there. It was certainly nice in CoD2/3. :D

Back