Ign explores the xbox 360

I REALLY wish websites would stop doing these crappy video segments. They always feel cheapo and nonsensical with really poor presentation, and typically are very shallow on the level of information because you simply can't deliver the same content as with a written article or it'd be half an hour long or more. Bah. Not in a million years I'll watch something like that.

Guden Oden said:
I REALLY wish websites would stop doing these crappy video segments. They always feel cheapo and nonsensical with really poor presentation, and typically are very shallow on the level of information because you simply can't deliver the same content as with a written article or it'd be half an hour long or more. Bah. Not in a million years I'll watch something like that.

personaly i like this one alot more than the one on 1up.

I liked that they showed how hard putting a faceplate on is (At the store we thought it would break and didn't switch face plates)

I also like that they show the button on the cables

Guden Oden said:

The only probalem i have wiht them is that the voiceovers are SO dull and boring. Theres only a few guys that do these things that can have interesting content and present it in an interesting way. Outisde of those few guys its painful an duncomfortable to watch and listen to, they look like nerd hostage tapes.

Yeah, Guden Oden has always been the angry police officer of this board, all forums has someone like that, be it a good or bad thing.
Maybe he's just trying to live up to his name?:p

Are a lot of people spending $20 to get faceplates for their console?

Obviously they're trying to mimic iPod skins. But at least the cases and skins have functional use beyond cosmetics.

wco81 said:
Are a lot of people spending $20 to get faceplates for their console?

Obviously they're trying to mimic iPod skins. But at least the cases and skins have functional use beyond cosmetics.

I will be buying a second faceplate that my buddy will airbrush to the design i want. 20$ well worth it if u ask me. Esp since it will be on my console for a few years

I think they are a huge rip off personally, but if someone else wants to pay for one giving them that option is a good thing.

If the console is in plain view with all your other 'gear' then i think its cool you can get something that matches or makes a statement. Not a huge deal but definitely better to have it than not. I think a wood-veneered one would be cool, kind of retro... :)

I think the faceplates are a gimmick and a rip off. I mean, who cares? It's like adding racing stripes to a car, just to add that 5 extra hp. ;)

And 20$? Are you serious?

whatever, it's a cool idea. It's only $20 who cares? No-one's making you buy anything. If all my A/V equipment is black I might want a black faceplate to match, what's wrong with that?

jvd said:
personaly i like this one alot more than the one on 1up.

I liked that they showed how hard putting a faceplate on is (At the store we thought it would break and didn't switch face plates)

I also like that they show the button on the cables

according to Anandtech, the guy did it all wrong. You're supposed to stick your thumb in the USB slot, and grips the top and bottom with your other hand, and without much effort it will pop off.

That guy jut reefs on one of the sides...

scooby_dooby said:
whatever, it's a cool idea. It's only $20 who cares? No-one's making you buy anything. If all my A/V equipment is black I might want a black faceplate to match, what's wrong with that?

Because, the rest of the console will be white?

drpepper said:

It depends on how your unit is set up .

All my av equpment and my tv is silver and everything but the tv is in a rack . Inside the rack you can only see the front of the units unless you get right up to it and try to see the rest of the units .

So for me you'd only see a face plate

drpepper said:

For some people all you see is the front anyway depending on the setup. LIke has been stated if it doesnt work for ya, skip it. I'd like a blakc one to match all my AV stuff or the wood one i mentioned before. :)

Back