If I were stuck on a tropical island by myself...

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
How would I create electricity using only what items are available on the island?
I need to know this as a survival ability, just in case it occurs.

What other kit / bits and bobs have you got with you (besides that which occurs naturally on the island)?

If the answer to that is "nothing", then why would you need electricity?

How would I create electricity using only what items are available on the island?
Why would you need electricity for the items that are available on the island? :oops:

I'd say your best bet is finding a mysterious hatch leading underground. You probably need dynamite to blow it open. In addition to electricity, you'll find good stuff like food, weapons, books, bed, laundry facilities, computers etc there. Downside might be having to enter a certain code to the computer terminal every couple of hours.

WhiningKhan is on the right track. It's also likely that someone you've never met before who has detailed knowledge about the island will contact you via radio to help you out.

Interesting question, considering that at one point in the past things were like that, you know, before electricity was actually invented :eek:

Hey, polar bears are useful with electricity, just as long as you don't touch two opposite polar bears at the same time when you're wet.

As long as you can travel in time. :cool:

Hey, polar bears are useful with electricity, just as long as you don't touch two opposite polar bears at the same time when you're wet.

Hm... have you considered increasing Resistance?

I believe fart can be turned into electricity. Go find an empty bottle on the island and Google now (before the impending disaster) to see how you can turn fart into electricity.

Shouldn't you be asking for a how-to-build-a-raft-from-trees ? Or would you also happen to be carrying a vibrator when you end up on the island?

Are you saying you believe there's actually a serious chance of this happening or is this some sort of "flexible thinking" school assignment?

Hm... have you considered increasing Resistance?
I doubt an abandoned tropical island would have a supply of PS3s for Resistance, and even if it did, he'd need to make electricity to begin with.

Shouldn't you be asking for a how-to-build-a-raft-from-trees ?
Problem is that Gilligan will ruin it.

I don't know what subject in computer science would cover such a thing, maybe in electrical engineering.

Are you saying you believe there's actually a serious chance of this happening or is this some sort of "flexible thinking" school assignment?

I don't know what subject in computer science would cover such a thing, maybe in electrical engineering.
I was thinking something more on the Gen-Ed side of things, like a psychology course or something where people set up contrived situations in order to see how people think their way through things.

Back